𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

(Outfit^)

Tyler came home only a short while after the door had slammed, alerting me that the two brothers had left. I already knew exactly how this night was going to play out yet still, I lay curled up in bed trying to convince myself that Tyler would just come in here and hold me through the night. 

Wishful thinking, of course. 

"Hi." 

"Hey, you," He smiled. 

I frowned as the stench of blood reached me as he walked over. Does he spend his days at a crapping blood brothel? "Where've you been? I've barely seen you the past few days" 

"Oh you know, Klaus has me going all over the place looking for new recruits." Tyler settled on the bed next to me, pulling the comforter over his torso and turning to face me. 

"Oh. Sirebond still in place then?" I keep my tone intentionally even, knowing how he reacted to this topic last time I broached it. 

"Mmhm. But I don't wanna talk about that stuff, Kenna." 

No, I know exactly what he wants and I don't know what I was trying to do, just talking to him. So, when he moves in to kiss me and brushes his thumb across my cheek in a manner so gentle that it's almost a mockery of what's going to follow the rest of the night, I smile and reciprocate. 

---- 

Tyler is fast asleep by 3am, and I'm curled up next to him with my brain working at full speed. Ideas, theories, speculations. Realising I wasn't gonna get my brain to simmer down any time soon, I carefully untangled my legs from between the sheets and Tyler's body and hopped into the shower. 

Nothing is more satisfying than scrubbing the icky afterwards feeling but, I don't spend long in there, wanting to get my day started as quickly as possible (granted, it's still night.) 

I shuffle around as quietly as possible while I try to piece together an outfit that won't have me freezing my ass to death when I'm on my run. Not stupid enough to turn on the light, I risk siphoning as little magic as I can from my amulet to hover a little orb of light right next to me. 

It's pretty cute. 

I decide on a blue and beige Nike tracksuit from the vintage collection and leave the windbreaker unzipped with a cute ribbed vest underneath. Clearly I have unhealthy indulging habits but a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do. 

Finding my joggers under the bed, I pull them on and exit the room with my keys and phone, making sure to hold the handle down as the door closes so as not to make any sound. 

Only when I see my laptop lying discarded on the couch, do I remember Klaus and Elijah being my current housemates. I never heard them come back last night although, I could've easily missed it over how loud Tyler was. 

Still, I continue treading lightly and opt to make a simple pb&j to avoid the noise that proper pans and cutlery would make. Anything to avoid a confrontation (over what? I have no idea.) I'm being dumb though because they're both literally vampires and probably heard me when I was breathing too hard coming down the stairs. 

Clearly a few morning runs could do me some good. 

I leave my plate in the sink and grab the sandwich that's been lying on the counter since last night, dumping it in the trash. That, we won't be thinking about ever again. 

I stuff the last of my breakfast into my mouth, and lock up the door as I leave and jog down the massive driveway. I run about a kilometre with no direction in mind, just enjoying the dewy coolness of the night before my brain starts really waking up and I start thinking about everything and nothing.