𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

♕︎
"𝑾𝒆 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒘𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆"
♕︎

There's this quote I remeber from a book I read in 8th grade. I have no idea how I still remember it, hell, I don't even remember what I ate for breakfast today. Or if I even had breakfast. Regardless, it stuck with me through the years. Perhaps, my subconscious knew how true it rung.

This guy, Charlie, was talking to his english teacher about his sister's boyfriend hitting her, which by the way, always amazes me. How do people speak up about stuff like this. About their trauma. It makes me proud in a way because I suppose, I myself will never have the courage to do that but atleast others do. People speak up. They get their freedom back. They escape.

An awfully naive part of me wishes there wasn't anything to speak up about. That the world a simpler place, and love was simply that-Love. But it's not.

The teacher says this thing that blew my mind, "Charlie, we accept the love we think we deserve". And bloody hell, isn't that true? Think of it this way, an elderly does not demand for more attention from their child because they think it's their upbringing that led to this. That they somehow failed so the love they're recieving in their old age is what they deserve. The same can be said about children who are constantly neglected by their parents and eventually they come to the conclusion that their misbehaviour had lead to this violence.

These people, they do not ask for more. Instead, they themselves work harder to make the pieces fit. People in these situations will bend over backwards, trying to appease those around them and, of course it works, for a while atleast, because people who love breaking, love the innocence-the naiveity-in their lovers' obediency about just as much.

And so, for a while, you stop drowning and are instead showered with love and affection. For a while, everything seems okay. For a while, you feel proud of yourself for earning that love.

But, that's all it is. For a while. People do not change. Not that drastically, and never-never-that quickly. That just not how the world works.

So then, why do I refuse to accept it?

•♧•♡•♧•

He's alive.

After all Klaus did to succeed, I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised. I am though. I'm shaken to my very core. From what? Happiness? Shock? Fear?

These days it's too hard to tell. Every day is a blur of the same motions and feelings and thoughts. Yet, none of it is comprehensible to me. It's like turning on autopilot except the switch is stuck now and I'm living life in this limbo of emptiness and yearning and the will to fight and give up all at once.

I can't breathe.

Not because I'm in a hallway bustling with teenagers and not because it's the first day back to school and I'm anxious. Simply because, I'm suffocating. My own mind is threatening to drown me and I'm too far under to shout 'help'.

"Oh my god, I missed you!" The squeal of excitement is followed quickly by a pair of arms engulfing me and as quick as that, I force a smile and hug her back. It not that I'm not happy or anything. I am. I missed her too. It'll just take some time for me to put aside my own personal worries and settle into the whole school vibe.

"Caroline, sweetie, It's been two days."

I recieve one of Caroline famous eye rolls at that. "Two tediously long, boring, insufferable days."