𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙞 𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙗𝙤𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧^

♡︎

𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍
♡︎

After Klaus left, I continued to ignore the incessant tug of that thread in my brain, the same one that would every so often unravel on its own and pull my mind with it into a frenzy. 

It's the What Life Am I Living?/ Am I Happy?/Does He Love Me?/Wait, do I Love Him? thread. It's irksome. 

Refocusing my attention to my laptop screen, I smile. Partly because I'm working on something other than the history essay and partly because I've written a damn good essay. I got into freelancing a while back when I decided I didn't want to rely on Ty for my materialistic needs and it's something I've never regretted.

I glance at the clock. One in the morning. Tyler still isn't home, nor is Klaus. I kinda miss the constant noise and activity and talking to Klaus was weirdly fun. From everything Damon has told me about him, I imagined him to be a lot ruder but he's actually a lot like Damon (who still hasn't called back). 

I continue editing the essay for a while before stopping short as I hear the front door slam shut. I just barely manage to hold my tonuge from calling out Tyler's name and looking dumb, instead listening to the pattern of the footsteps. Balanced and a bit lighter. Not Tyler. 

Klaus walks in just as I've turned back to my screen (not wanting to look weirdly interested or stalkerish) and I watch him from the corner of my eye as he rummages around the kitchen. 

He huffed. "Why is there nothing to eat in this bloody house?" 

"What would you like? A human heart?" I joke. 

And of course he has to say, "I was looking for cereal actually but if you're offering, I really wouldn't mind." He adds a shrug at the end, as if he didn't just say he'd kill me just to satiate his hunger. 

"And here I thought our budding friendship actually meant something to you," pausing to wipe a fake tear from my eyes, I continue, "I'm offended." 

He threw his hands up in faux exasperation. "Alright fine, I'll have something else for dinner," and his smirk grows wider as some other hunger clouds his eyes and he adds, "how about dessert then?" 

Understanding the innuendo all too quickly as a result of having one too many guy friends, I feel my face heat spectacularly. "Don't be a pig." I'm pretty sure I resemble a tomato right now. 

He chuckled and ruffled the top of my hair. "I'm only joking, Klancy. Now are you going to tell me where the cereal is?" 

I shove him away from me and untie my bun to reform it, all while glaring at him and his stupid amused face. "We ran out." 

Klaus frowned. "Bloody hell. I'm going out to buy some." 

My eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "You really like cereals that much?" 

He narrowed his eyes and defended, "they taste good." 

"But aren't you like old?" 

"Yes, and?" 

"I don't know. I thought you'd prefer blood and beans and wine." Sue me for being stereotypical about a guy who's the only one of his species to exist. 

He grimaced. "That's disgusting. I'm offended." 

Wait. My mind backtracks, my mouth falling open. "You're actually a thousand years old??"