Chapter 13

The scene was all too familiar for my liking, it's irritating honestly, I don't know if it's because we always find ourselves in life threatening situation—even though I signed up for this— or was it the fact that I always end up staring at a barrel of a gun.

I choose the latter.

The sharp click rings in the air, Aigle cocked her gun that she tightly held in her fist, I can see her trembling fingers on the trigger. "Thirty seconds," She gulps. "You have thirty seconds to explain yourself before I empty my gun on you— and you." She glares at Dio as well.

"Wait!" Kendall tugs me back and replaces herself in front of me, the tip of the gun now pointed on top of her head. "Its me. I'm be the one you should be asking."

She held a hard, vicious glare towards me and Dio before cautiously lowering her gun. "Then speak for them. What's the meaning of this?"

"We heard that your unit will be reassigned to Russia."

"So? What does it have to do with their suspicious actions?" She challenged, sheathing her gun back to its holster and cross her arms. 

"They're doing this because I asked to. We want out, we can handle ourselves on our own. The agency is clearly one of problems right now. Syndicates know that we're here and I wouldn't be surprised if they just easily walk in through the front door." Kendall explains. 

Her young sister, Kylie, that was holding on to Dio nods in agreement. "And we're taking them along. We don't want them to be taken away from us."

"I understand...but still, that won't justify their actions." rebutted Aigle conflictingly. "They know well the risk of you two being outside, the general's doing what he can to keep you girls safe."

"Are you just going to accept being away from Emma?" Kendall counters, knowing too well that we're all going through the same situation.

Aigle was taken aback from her question, her arms falling back to her sides. "Are you?" Kendall prompts.

She remained silent, her gaze averting away from us. Kendall got her. Goddamn.

That's my girl.

Alarm blared throughout the hallway, deep shades of red light flashed on the walls and on our skins. My hand instantly clasped on Kendall's wrist as I yank her against me, my heart drumming in my chest as though it almost going to burst.

"What's happening?" Kendall anxiously held onto my arm.

"We have intruders. " Aigle withdraws her pistol again in alert. She turns to me and Dio, her quesy eyes gazing at us that we've never seen before. "Get the girls to safety, check on the others if you can."

"What about you?" asked Dio, stepping forward, as we watch Aigle hurry down the hallway, even if we hated her guts she's still our colleague.

"I need to get back to Emma!"

Dio opened her mouth, but never had the chance to speak because next thing we knew there was a loud explosion, throwing us while heap of thick dust coated the air and debris rained and littered the floor. I rolled to my side, coughing out the rough particles that I inhaled scratch my throat. A large crater appeared before us, blocking the direction where Aigle disappeared to, a large part of the ground collapsed and I can see the lower floor affected by the aftermath of the explosion.

My squinted eyes peer through the thick mist. “Kendall!”

Faint alternating gun fires, high pitched screams and terrified shouts kept echoing around us, I'm not even sure where it was coming from, what I do know is that we need get out this place where hell is already breaking loose.