Chapter 2

Inaudible chatters and faint amplified voice of a man speaking enthusiastically over a microphone echoed in her ears, her laggard conscious sending signals in her mind about recent events. Kendall's eyelids shot open, her body spring into upright position and her eyes was met by the dark and empty room with two doors located at the end of the room from left to right, the only light her eyes could grasp on was soft cyan colored lights spilling inside the room under the thick curtains stretching across the room. Kendall wiped the sweat that formed on her temple with her palm and breathed through her nostrils, her erratic breaths deafened out the inaudible noises coming from the other side of the curtain.

Another faint clap can be heard and the muffle voice got louder, her ears picked up the sudden movement of the ropes hanging from the ceiling, in swift motion the curtains was drawn open revealing the scene behind. Bright lights blinded Kendall's eyes, stinging her dark rounded orbs that she immediately covered with her hand, hovering it above. The voices became clearer and the claps were now louder, Kendall lowered her head and let her recovered eyes peer through her palm.

Kendall's eyes were now wide open, lips slightly parted and mind gunning wild rendering her speechless at the sight. Her dark orbs sweeped across the vast amount of people infront of her, lounged back on their leather seats, drinks in their hands while their eyes watches her back in amusement. She scanned their faces, their skin were pale and grim under the dim cyan lights glaring above. There were iron columns partially blocking her sight and her other hand felt cold as it was pressed below her to support her weight. Kendall found herself under the blinding spotlight on stage in a theatrical stadium, inside a short but wide iron cage like a dangerous animal, she couldn't even stand inside it.

"-I'm sure you'll love this one," Her attention was caught by a large man standing at a podium at the edge of the stage with his back towards her. "Does anybody recognise this young lady?"

Howls and whistles erupted from the crowd, spurring simultaneous voices amongst the crowd as they whisper to someone beside them and were curiously looking at her. Kendall should already have her face scrunched up in disgust by now, from the inappropriate cat calls that she had heard earlier, but she was too occupied by shock that her body had mentally shut itself down and froze her right on the spot.

"Here we have is Kendall Jenner, your infamous American Model." The voice deeply chuckled, turning his head halfway to gaze back at her.

Kendall anxiously stared at the man's intimidating eyes, fear creeped in her body at the familiar orbs with a sinister smile on his face, glaring at her before turning his attention back to the crowd.

"Our model here recently attended her Victoria's Secret fashion show-"

Kendall stretched her arms and gripped the iron bars, she opened her mouth to shout but found herself voiceless, only a tight squeak vibrated out her throat. One of her hand shot towards her neck, her fingers trailing along the smooth surface of a device locked around her throat that might be the cause of disabling her to speak. Tears pooled her eyes, her grip tightening around the bar and her body swing back and forth in a desperate attempt to break the cage.

"-valuable isn't it, how about we start the bidding?" The man announced, his hand clasping on a small wooden hammer. "Let's start with 10,000? do we have 10,000?"

The whispers escalated into incessant shouts and one by one people raised their paddles causing bids to increase. Kendall's eyes were now emitting terror at the acknowledgement of what was happening. She was being sold, like a piece of object and none of the people seemed to care at the despicable thing they were participating.

And the audacity, she is worth so much more than a fucking 10,000.

80,000

150,000