Chapter 10

Sorry if I haven't been active lately, I'm on a bootcamp at the moment and I think this'll last for maybe about a year or half of it. I'd still write though but not as often as usual, nevertheless I'll still deliver you, my lovelies, good stories (hopefully) you deserve. Anyways I wish you enjoy today's chapter and I'll see you on the next update ;)

 I assume you still remember that this is a
G!P story.  😉

“How will I know you're not the traitor.” The steam coming from the foam cup before my eyes barely blurred Tora's face as I carefully blew the hot coffee.

I took a small sip, the warm liquid runs down my throat letting heat spread throughout my strained body giving me at least a hint of comfort that I desperately needed. It's been four hours since we arrived at the agency after our secret base has been compromised, luckily the General was in the agency taking care of other cases at the time it all happened sparing us a bit of worries considering that the team obviously care more about the girls.

I know, what a shame.

Setting the cup down on the stainless counter in front of me, I scanned our surroundings, meeting her in the cafeteria at work hours was a good idea, less people and doesn't raise suspicion.

“I don't even know if you're the traitor or not and yet—” I opened my arms. “Here I am.”

She squints her eyes. “I can guarantee that I'm no traitor.”

“How can a person demands to be trusted if their selfish to give one?

My words struck her, I can see it in the way how her expression shift. “You got me there,” there was a slight curl on the edge of her lips. She wave her hand for me to continue. “Okay, you got my interest.”

“Look, I know it's crucial for us to trust anybody in the unit but the least we could could do now is to remain working together in the case.” I begin to explain. “Being at each others throats isn't good for the girls safety, I know you think of it too. What I'm trying to say is that we—” Motioning my finger to her and myself. “—Work as a pair. That's the best step we can do for the girl's sake.”

Tora remained silent for couple of seconds, resting against her seat while her eyes scanned me in scrutinising gaze. “Alright.”

“Alright?”

“I'll join you, but if you betray me..” She slowly leaned closer, finger gently placed on my forehead, lips parting for a soft whisper. “I'll kill you.”

I nod. “I won't, you have my word.”

“But you have to hold whatever your plan is.” Tora responds. “Aigle and I are being called for a meeting.”

“What for? We already assessed the attack.”

There was a hint of despair flashed on her face, that she quickly covered up with her serious expression. “I suppose the General wants to discuss how the syndicates found our base.”

I pursed my lips. “Are you and Aigle going to tell him the truth?”

“I don't know.”

-

Just after my feet entered the room I'm immediately pulled in a choke hold, too dramatic but that's what it felt like when Kendall's shoulder pushed on my throat from her tightly warm hug. On the bright side, it felt good knowing she missed me this much and it's only been like five to six hours since we last saw each other.

“Ke—Kenny..” I manage to voice out, my hand softly pushing her back.

“Oh!—” She pulled back with a sheepish smile. “Sorry.” Then she grins in split seconds, raising a brow at me.