𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚙 - 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚖 𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑

Summary: Harry keeps visiting the shop you wirk at because he's smitten. The problem is he can't talk to girls. Period.

Warnings: none, maybe language?

Harry Potter had completely fallen for you. He wasn't sure when it happened or how but now he was stuck in a hole he couldn't escape. This was arguably more challenging to him then battling the dark lord. He was shit at talking to girls.

"Harry mate... just bloody ask her out.. or at least talk to her you can't keep coming here and just staring from afar it's creepy..." ron groaned.

Harry had visited the shop you worked at in diagon alley any chance he got. Sometimes he'd even drag his friends along, today was one of those days.

"That's easy for you to say ron... you and Hermione are smitten with each other..." Harry complained as he entered the shop with one last deep breathe. The shop was pretty big, selling all sorts of wizarding supplies, from books too broom accessories.

"Right what are you going to pretend to buy this time.." ron teased following Harry around the shop.

"Shut up... I just need to find something to talk with her about..." Harry thought picking up books and pretending to look at them before putting them back.
He was ready to give up his fake trip before a voice he'd memorised called out from behind him.

"Hi can I help you with anything?" You asked. Truthfully you'd seen this man enter the shop several times over the past few weeks. Of course you knew who he was, the whole wizarding world did, but that didn't mean you weren't going to treat him like any other customer.

Harry was ready to pass out and or run away. He turned to face you and tried his best to get his words out "Oh uh... well actually I was um..... broom polish.."

You watched as he stammered over his words, his face glowing red as he closed his eyes in defeat. You never thought the famous Harry Potter who was now a fierce auror would be so nervous. You were oblivious to his reasoning but smiled any how. His friend had now walked away peering at some over stuff across the store so at the very least you'd help him out.

"We have lots of different broom polishes... here follow me.." you announced, the last thing you wanted to do was make him feel uncomfortable for fluffing up his words. So instead you acted kindly and comforted him with your smile.

Harry was shocked. He had expected you to laugh in his face or be disgusted with how painfully awkward he was when it came to talking to you. But you had done the complete opposite. You were nothing like the girls he'd encountered in school, it was lovely. You were lovely.

He followed you through the shop until you came to an entire wall filled with different branded broom polishes. Harry wasn't quite sure why he said broom polish, but as it was the first thing that came into his head he blurted it in a panic.

"There are loads of different kinds and colours depending on what broom you have... I'm not very good at quidditch personally so I couldn't tell you the difference..." you joked slightly watching as he smiled at your comment. Merlin he had a very cute smile you thought.

"Thank you..." he mumbled now pretending to look through the different polishes.

"Well let me know if you need anything else.." you said patting his arm before making your way back to the tills.

Harry was beside himself. He'd actually spoken to you. Maybe not in the way he would of liked, or as much as he would of liked. But still it was progress. He randomly selected some broom polish before taking another deep breathe and walking to the tills where he knew he'd be served by you again.