𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚞𝚜 𝚕 - 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜

Summary: a sweet tale of your and Remus's relationship through the years

Warnings: angst, self hatred

If someone told you in your first year that by your last you'd be in a loving relationship with a werewolf who folds his socks you would have laughed. But no, that was your reality.

You were walking carefully around your bedroom at the cottage you had lived at for a few years. Something about this day brought back waves of nostalgia that you just couldn't put your finger on.

Maybe it was because for the first time since leaving school you were happy, or maybe it was just the reality that you could enjoy simple domestic life without worrying about someone you loved dying.

The war was won, your friends were safe. And the man you loved was downstairs making tea. Life was simple now but it wasn't always.

"Out of the way please... yeah move it now... come on short stuff coming through!" Your older brother Amos Diggory yelled as you weaved through the crowds at the platform

"Amos I told you not to call me that!" You shouted with a pout, the magnitude of students and parents overwhelming you.

Amos took your hand with a soft smile "look you're going to be fine y/n you always are... no matter where you're sorted or who your friends with you'll be fine because you'll have me... okay.."

You nodded and gave your older brother one last hug before you had to fend for yourself. Amos was now a figure lost in the crowd of his friends, and you were just another scared first year attempting to not draw too much attention to yourself.

That was going to be a tad difficult however with what happened next. You didn't see who it was but all you felt was your trunk fly open and a heavy body topple onto you as you both collided and fell back onto the concrete platform.

Once you could breathe again you pried open your eyes to see the most beautiful green eyes that were dripping with horror and fear.

"I-I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." the boy stammered in his thick accent that you could only presume was welsh or somewhere far from where the Diggory's resided.

"C-can you get off of me..." you managed to mumble feebly and he instantly rolled onto his side beside you, gathering all of your things and doing his best to pack your trunk back up.

"I can do that..." you stated with a frown. He looked back up to you and for some reason, you felt a little guilty. Sure you were nervous to go to Hogwarts, but he looked ready to pass out, like one wrong move and he would be banned from the castle.

"Sorry... I wasn't looking where I was going... my dad told me to hurry..."

You just nodded and closed your trunk shaking the dust from your knees and getting to your feet where you both just stared at each other unsure of what to say.

"I like that book... the lion the witch and the wardrobe..." you stated pointing to the novel in his hand. He smiled nervously, the scars you only just noticed crinkling around his nose and his eyes. He was like a painting.

"I'm y/n..." you offered your hand out to shake like your dad has told you when introducing yourself. This boy was taken aback by this as he wiped down his hand on his trouser leg first, like he felt as though he wasn't good enough to lay a finger on you, before shaking your hand.

"Remus... I'm Remus lupin..."

You ghosted your finger over the spine of his copy of the lion, the witch and the wardrobe with a soft smile. You ghosted your eyes over the first couple of pages when your eyes landed on a tiny animated drawing of a lion letting out a proud raw.