𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚠 - 𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚔

Summary: Fred has targeted you with teasing and pranks for two years and then just stops... could there be more too his petulance...

Warnings: swearing, angst I guess??

Why do Slytherins get such bad reputations? It was a question that played on your mind constantly. There were a lot of crazed pureblood fanatics in your house sure, but that didn't mean you were one of them. And as Fred Weasley turned your hair into a shade of Gryffindor burgundy you had the temptation to prove him right. Act up to the evil persona he'd labelled you with. But you didn't.

"Really no retaliation l/n?" He teased like always.

Fred loved picking on you. It was never usually malicious, but in recent months his casual pranks on you went from playful to terrorising. His words were harsher, he was more consistent and constant with the inconveniences he payed you, it was getting tiresome to say the least.

"I have nothing to say to you Weasley... unlike you I didn't fail charms so I can change my hair back..." you spat grabbing your bag and leaving the library where he had snuck up on you.

"Ouch another intelligence jab.. not got anything stronger to hit me with?" He bit back, hot on your tail.

"Unlike you I don't feel the need to drag whatever this pathetic hatred is... seriously Fred just leave me alone..."

Any other day you'd take his borderline bullying. Ignore the comparisons to snakes and the hateful words about your appearance. But after staying up all night to study for exams, a painful detention with umbridge and a horrid letter from your family, you really weren't in the mood.

"I thought you were tougher then that l/n..."

"Well maybe I'm not... maybe I'm just as pathetic and stupid as everyone thinks I am Weasley..." you shouted looking him in the eye. Maybe if your eyes weren't so blurry from staying up all night, you would of seen the guilt and regret in the gingers eyes but you didn't have time. Instead you turned on your heel and stomped to the dungeons.

Fred was shocked. This was a stupid plan. A very stupid idea on his part. But when you're in love with someone you're certain would never like you the same it seems the only option is to do what any reasonable person would do. Tease them mercilessly.

Yeah it was stupid. And deep down he could see how he chipped away at you every time he'd jinx your shoelaces to tie together or confundus charm your pot of ink to spill all over your notes. He just didn't know how else to approach you. HE was the pathetic one and he knew it.

After watching you storm away Fred and sulked all the way to the Gryffindor common room where George was jotting down ideas for their latest prank. He had no right to be angry, he had caused your sadness. Now he'd dug himself a hole he wasn't sure how to escape.

"Merlin mate what's up with you?" George asked as he observed his twin moping on the couch with his head in his hands "This isn't about l/n again is it?"

George knew his brother better then anyone. For the most part they shared the same brain. It was obvious to him that he had feelings for you and truthfully it bothered him how he approached the situation. It bothered him even more that he understood why. He was scared.

"What the fuck makes you mention that snake.." Fred scoffed.

"You're not fooling anyone Freddie... maybe her... but definitely not me..." George snarked

Fred sighed and gave up trying to hide it. He turned to his brother who was smiling all too knowingly "I've fucked up mate..."

"Why doesn't that surprise me... were you mean to her again?" George asked