𝚝𝚘𝚖 𝚛 - 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚢𝚘𝚞

Summary: you were the sad soul Tom riddle set his sites on...

Warnings: dark yandere Tom riddle :/

He was enamoured by you and it just couldn't be. He was Tom riddle for merlin's sake, future dark ruler of the wizarding world, how could you, a simple witch grasp all of his attention. How had he got himself in his sudden predicament of standing outside of your common room.

It started with a slug club meeting. He had never seen you or at least noticed you before, but he supposed most of the males attending noticed you that night. You look astounding, he wasn't quite sure what came over him that night but instead of politely chatting with ministry officials he just stood idly and watched as you danced and spoke with so many. He was bewitched by you.

At first, he was convinced you had bewitched him. Maybe a love potion in his tea? But no that wouldn't make any sense, he was too clever to realise that this wasn't a trick, he'd never in his life felt such emotions. Well, he didn't feel emotions of any kind really, other than anger. But this was distinctly new, maybe this was love?

Love to Tom, however, was more like obsession and over the next few months, he did everything to find out more about you. He sent his henchman to watch over you when he couldn't, but most of the time he was the one keeping tabs on everything you did. From who your friends were to what you ate for breakfast, he had to know everything.

You were none the wiser though. Tom was incredible at being subtle. He'd even planned out the first time he would come in to contact with you and how he'd easily charm you.

You were walking to your common room like always, a large stack of books in your hands which you had just acquired from the library. Studying for newts was getting irrevocably hard and if taking out the heaviest books meant you could get more information you would.

This however wasn't handy because it was getting harder to carry them all without dropping something, which unknowingly you had.

"Is this yours?" A voice called out from behind you. You clumsily turned around and were most surprised to see Tom riddle stood before you. He did look ever so ethereal in the flickering of candlelight.

After staring for a few moments your eyes landed on one of the many books you had taken with you, weirdly enough you couldn't remember dropping it though "oh yes... yes it is thank you.."

You went to grab it but Tom insisted on carrying the books for you which you were too polite and tried to decline. The short walk back was filled with a comfortable silence. Oddly enough for such a mysterious fellow, Tom was quite nice company.

"Here..." Tom stated carefully giving you the remainder of your books once you had reached the door to your common room

"Thank you again, Tom..."

"Of course... anytime..." he said with the most dashing smile you ever did see. And with that, he was gone.

It was funny really after that Tom made sure to pop up around you more often. Of course, the first encounter had been manufactured by him, making sure to watch you leave the library and select a book that you hadn't even taken in the first place. But now he could implement part two of his plan.

Now he knew you had a little trust in him. To you, he had shared that charming and helpful facade which he could just tell you could easily fall for. Whenever you needed an answer to a question in class, he was there. Whenever you had your shoelaces untied he was there to let you know. Small helpful gestures were all being used to win you over, so you would be his forever.