15

"Now don't worry, there's only a few more people to meet." Libby explains to me as I follow her through the house.

      Libby ushers me towards a large dinning table covered in expensive bottles of wine and nibbles. Does she not know I'm in high school? She forces me into the seat across from the one Cameron sits at, Booboo at his side.

       I gave him a wave. I felt an arm wrapped around my body and I turn back my head to see Sofia and Dove. "Hey, China." Sofia sat next to me and Dove sat on my right. I greeted them back.

      Dove had two pink gift bags in her hand and Sofia had a small bag as well. Beside the table were gifts from other people and I smiled knowing that Libby was loved and appreciated.

     "Libby you didn't tell me you were inviting models to your birthday dinner, I would've dressed a little nicer." I turn my gaze a guy walking towards the big table. He looked at us girls. He had a charming smile on his lips.

      "Who is that?" I whispered to Sofia.

      "The pervert." I laughed and she nodded as in she was serious.

      "It doesn't matter what you wear, Lucas, you still look like a twat." Cameron answers. Libby sighs for a second time tonight now.

      "Charming as ever I see, Cameron." He turned his attention back to us girls and smirked. He sat in front of Dove. "I'm sorry. I don't believe we were introduced. I'm Lucas and you are?"

      "China."

      He starred at me for a second and look back at Libby. That was weird. Libby smiled. "Well I'm glad you've met Lucas. He's just visiting us for tonight and he'll back in London in no time. Right?"

      Lucas laughed. "Yes, Libby."

      She nodded. "I'll go get the others. Behave while I'm gone."

      Lucas rolled his eyes. "Can I interest you in a glass of wine?" I shook my head.

      "You do know that she's in high school right-" Booboo was interrupted.

      "But she's not a baby. She's almost 18." Dove said and I gave her a look. You're not helping.

      "Almost. Exactly." I looked at Cameron and pointed at him notifying he's right.

     Lucas shook his head. "Ugh. You kids are boring. Where is Maya and Thomas?"

      "Libby went to get them. Their outside playing pool." Sofia answered and he nodded.

      "I'm gonna go join them." Dove says and Lucas follows.

•••

I was sitting by the pool starring into space. the weather was nice outside. It was already almost midnight and I can't lie, i had a good time with Cameron's family. They were very respectful and thoughtful for inviting me. It felt so nice to finally go to a place besides work.

I quickly check my phone and noticed I had three more days before I seen Travis. I felt bad for not calling him. I haven't been able to face him. He gets out in two months and my heart beats faster the more I think about how soon it is.

I'm hoping his plan is go to school when he gets out and not get involved in any gang activities. I will not tolerate that anymore. I learn my lesson and I hope he did too. The first thing I learned after what happened is you can't trust anyone.

My thoughts was interrupted by Cameron who opened backyard door. "Wassup."

I look back at him then turned my head to look at the pool. "Nothing. Just admiring your backyard." He's backyard was unsurprisingly nice.

"Thanks. My mom loves to swim so she added an extra pool over here for the guests so she can the other one for herself." Taking his slides off, he sat beside me and dip his feet into the pool.

I raised my eyebrow. "Extra?"

He nodded.

I laughed. "Isn't that doing too much?"

"I said the same goddam thing." He smiled and turned to me and I looked at his eyes and noticed they were red. I was surprised he actually smiled at me but then noticed he was high.

"Are you high right now?"

"As fuck."

"Your mom allows you to do that?"

He gave me a look as if what I asked was a sane question. "Are you pensively thinking that for real?"

I gave him a 'duh' look. "I mean, it's a rational question. Majority of this generation smokes but their parents still don't allow it."

"That's reasonable. But to answer your pondering questions, my mom doesn't mind me smoking. But, she doesn't agree with other types of drugs. She doesn't get bothered by the weed. As long as I'm not letting it consume me-"

I interrupted. "As in depending on it for everything?"

He splashed his hand in the pool. Was that really necessary? "Yeah. I can't get too comfortable with it. Even though I am. She just doesn't know that."

I nodded. "This is the most we have spoken."

Silence.

I can feel him gazing at me as I look down and started playing with my hands. I wanted him to grab them. I wanted to learn so much about him. I wanted to be close to him. I never felt this way about anybody else before. It's making me go crazy.

"Well, probably the least." He stood up and opened backyard door, disappearing inside.

I pursed my lips. I ought to leave him alone this time.

______

hey babies. thank you so much for the wait. i know it's been so long. i've been going through so much and struggling. but im a little better now.