9

THREE WEEKS LATER.

It has been 126 days since I cut myself.

I wrote down the repetitive sentence in my journal and then closing it again, sitting in my dresser. This morning, I had decided to write in my journal. It has been weeks and I haven't touch it since I moved here.

I'm proud of myself. Go me.

I sigh and put my hair into a messy bun. My tired eyes drifted to my phone on my bed. I grabbed it then trotted downstairs. I was headed to work. I wanted to be a little early today because I couldn't stand being in my room all day anymore.

"Good morning." Aunt Clarissa said as she sip her coffee.

"Morning." I gave her a smile. "I'm headed to work today. I'll be home at seven."

She stopped me before I opened the front door. "Eat breakfast. Now."

I eyed her. "I'll eat later."

"China. I'm not playing with you." She looked like she was about to rip my head off.

I huff and walked to the dining room with her following behind me. I sat down on the table, putting my phone beside me. "Fine. What are we eating?"

"We're eating egg sandwiches." She put the plate in front of me. "It's healthy. Eat it all. I'm going back to bed. I have work later and I wanna get some rest."

"Okay."

I stare at the plate in front of me and sigh. I don't feel like eating right now to be real. But to make her happy, I took huge bite off the sandwich. It tasted okay, I guess.

When i finally finished my food, I washed my plate. I picked up my phone from the table and pushed my chair in. I walked out, locking the door behind me.

I loved work so far. Libby was nice. She taught me how to take an order, how to use the cash register, and how to make professional coffee.

I place my headphones in my ear. It's a crisp morning and the sky is perfectly blue. It was beautiful. The streets the distract me from my thoughts. Kids, couples, and women in workout gear walked down the pathway. A few offered kind smiles and it made me feel a little better.

I opened the restaurant door and walked in.

"You know I said come at nine, right?" Libby chuckles from behind the counter and I walked closer.

"Sorry, I'm a little early."

"It's fine, love. You can go get ready. I been here since five in the morning." She gestures for me to come over.

She looked like she was tired and I was more happy to help her. On my first day with her, she spent thirty minutes explaining to me everything and how to work around here except for the coffee worker. I was working at the back with Thomas.

Yeah turns out Thomas works here too. He was the food prep and Josh was the cook. Now she wants me working at the front where the coffee machines are.

"We have a customer." Libby said, giving me a thumbs up. I turn to face her for help but she disappeared. Is she really going to leave me here? It's my first time working this coffee machine.

"Biryani and black coffee."

My gaze nervously meets Cameron who was already in front of the counter. I swallow dryly, unable to form any kind of sentence.

He had an amazing style. He had freckles and his eyes were dark brown. He was bigger than me though. Compared to me I looked like an ant.

"Did you not hear me?" His unfriendly voice snaps me out of my daydream.

"Uh..no?" I stumble over my words awkwardly as he lifts an eyebrow, tightening his jaw. "Biryani, Right?"

"And black coffee." He repeated. "No sugar."

I nodded finding how disgusting his order is. Biryani is a great dish but black coffee? Eww.

I went in the back telling Thomas and Josh that he ordered a biryani and I'll make the black coffee. I came back in the front, walking towards the machine.

"I definitely know how to do this." I whisper under my breath. Under the gaze of this intimidating and extremely attractive guy, I barely know my own name.

"Is it that difficult to press a button and make my coffee?" I look back at him, part of my hair falling on my face. I feel like a total insecure idiot being stared down by him.

"It's my first day." I hated my voice. I don't even know why I'm giving him an explanation. He doesn't need to be so rude. I'm hoping that Libby came and help me out here to save me from further embarrassment.

"You should try the open button." His voice makes my head spin and I blink heavily, unable to focus and understand what I'm suppose to be doing. "The green button." And I suddenly realize what he was talking about.

"My bad." My voice comes out quieter than I want it to be as I press down on the button. "That's four-"

He hands me the exact amount and i lift my fingers, taking the money. I pull my hand quickly away when his warm, soft hands brushes against mines, placing the coins in the cash register as he examines me.

"Thanks." I said.

"Are you always this nervous when you make hot drinks?"

"Are you always this rude?" I asked.

I actually didn't mean to say that. I gave him his drink and he grabbed it without a thank you. He raised his eyebrows and walked away. I wanted to slap myself. I just acted like a weirdo in front of rude and arrogant person. He obviously enjoyed watching me struggle.

I'm an idiot.

"Oh my. You did great." Libby appeared from nowhere. "You should see how purple your face is. She laughs, observing my embarrassed face. "I'm glad you've already met my son."

What the actually fuck?