6

By the time we got to school, i was already ready to go back home. I tried not to fall asleep in the car. The only reason I wasn't sleeping because they were having a conversation in the car that I didn't really care about, i listened to it anyway. All I wanted was to go home back to my bed.

       I'm not a morning person. Did I forget to mention? I looked at the window next to Cameron. Students were everywhere in front of the school. There were students laughing and chatting. The cheerleaders were wearing yellow and black jerseys with their shirts saying PANTHERS.

      Sofia stopped the car. "So guys. Are you ready?" Nobody said anything and she turned around to look at me and Ariana. "Hellooo."

      And that's when I realized she was speaking to me. I forgot that it's not the first day of school for them. Just for me and Ariana. "Ohh you're talking to us."

      She playfully hit me. "Duh. Who else? I mean you guys are the ONLY two people who's first day is today." She smiled.

      "Girl I'm ready." Ariana put her backpack on.

      I noticed that everyone else was looking at me. I nodded my head, and Sofia grinned, her flawless teeth showing. She took the keys out of her car, and we all got out of there. Booboo gave her, her bag, and she closed the car door behind her. "Okay. I've got to go to my team there. I presume you'll be all right, guys."

      "Your team? You're a cheerleader?" Ariana asked. Ariana finds cheerleaders annoying. Ever since middle school. She hated all of them. "You don't give me cheerleader vibes. You're more of-"

      "Basketball player?" She nodded her head. "Yes. No, I'm not a cheerleader. That's Dove's thing. Not mines."

      Sofia has played basketball all her life. She has been very good at playing it ever since the last time I saw her. She probably improved when I was away. She's been working hard to get here, and I'm very proud of her.

      "And you still haven't teach me some tricks." Dove interrupted. A tall figure appeared behind her. He looks like he's Scottish. She saw me looking and waved at me.. "Oh, babe this is China. China this Thomas, my boyfriend."

      Boyfriend? He is so hot but I wouldn't say that loud. "Wassup."

      "Nice to meet you." He said and I smiled.

      I looked at Sofia and Ariana and they were having a conversation. Sofia turned to me. She takes a string of hair and puts it behind her ear. "Ariana is coming with me. She wants to try out for basketball team."

      I nodded and wished them luck.

      "And I have to get back to my team, since we're already late. Bye guys." She waves at us. "Bye baby." She kissed Thomas and skipped alway.

      "Okay Thom, Boo, and Cam, take China with you-" Sofia started.

      "Why-" Cameron interrupted. I feel like he doesn't like me. Is he always like this? He doesn't seem like he's friendly.

      "Bye!" She grabbed Ariana's arms and ran inside the school.

      "Typical Sofia." Thomas said as I shake my head and rest my hands on my forehead.

      "What do you have as your first period?" Asked Cameron. Chills ran down my spine and i gulped. What the heck is wrong with you China? Calm down.

      I took my out my schedule and looked over it. Math. Great. Way to ruin a person's morning. "I have math." I rolled my eyes. "This morning totally sucks."

      "Great. You have it period with with me." Booboo smirked and I eyed him and he laughed. "Calm down, I don't bite."

      Thomas chuckled and with no expression on his face, Cameron just stood there. He looked like there was something he was thinking about and I was a little interested in knowing what he was thinking about.

      Cameron came up to me and I felt my heart pounding for some reason. I could hear it louder than any sound right now. "Heard you came here last year. You have your school ID from last year, right?"

      His voice. I feel like I can hear it all day. It's like addictive. I was starring at him and it felt like there was nobody around. It seemed to me from the look on his face that he didn't really care for anything in the world. Yet his eyes tell a story that's different.

      He barely made a comment this morning. I don't know if he's like this all the time, or because he's never met Ariana and me. He doesn't like new people very much. Or I'm just deluded. I may be reading him incorrectly. I have no idea. Yet he seems so interesting. So enthralling.

      I heard Thomas called me, and I snapped snap out of my thoughts and looked at him then back at Cameron. He raised one of his eyebrows and backed away from me.

      "I'm sorry." I apologized. "I just remembered something." I fibbed.

      "What were you thinking about?" Booboo ask, curiously.

      I smirked, hiding my feelings. "You in my business?"

      Booboo smiled. "Let's go. We're going to get you a new school ID."

      I shook my head. "I been here before I can go by myself."

      Booboo crossed his arms, putting his back on the car. "Well what if you forget?"

      I raised my eyebrow. "Please. I'm China. I don't forget anything."

      "Speaking of someone who's named by a country." Thomas stuck his tongue at me.

      I slightly push him playfully. "Hey! Don't blame me. I didn't name myself. My parents did." I rolled my eyes.

      "You guys! We're gonna be late!" Booboo grabbed my arm. "I'll take her. You guys can go to class."

      Thomas eyed him. "Since when did you care about being late to school?"

      Booboo smirked. "Bye, Thomas."

      Thomas somehow knew what he was up to and i on the other hand was confused. Thomas waved at me. "See ya later alligator!"

      I chuckled and looked at Cameron, who was looking at me. He fixed his bag from his back and walked away from us in the other direction, as though nothing had happened. My smile dropped. I want to know what he thought, just by looking at him, I basically just humiliated myself and he didn't even say something.

      I want to find out more about him.