4

We finally got to California. The plane ride was at least six hours and I basically slept the whole time. I checked the time and it was two-forty-six. I sigh and looked around Los Angeles. I miss this place.

"We have to catch the bus to the house. My car is not here it's at the house." Clarissa stated.

"Alright." I said.

We walked to the bus stop. I searched on my phone when was the next bus coming and it says at three."The next bus is coming at three so we kinda made it in time."

We waited for a couple minutes before stepping on the bus with our suitcases. The bus had a smell to it and i felt like throwing up. "Smells like ass" I whispered to Ariana.

      "Thought i was the only one." She says putting her hand over her mouth. "I can taste the smell."

      "Shh." This white woman said. "You blacks are too loud. Maybe you're the one that stinks."

      She was pale and looked like she was in her 40s. She had teenage girl standing next to her and a little boy. She was making faces at us the whole time we were here. She really didn't think I saw.

      When I heard she said that I was ready to swing on her white ass. But my aunt stopped me before I did anything. "What did you just say?" She asked the lady.

      "You heard me."

      "I didn't know people in California were racists." I heard Ariana mumbled.

      "They're not. Well not everyone-." I said.

      "No, I don't think I heard you clearly. You just made a racist comment, ma'am. You need to watch your mouth. There are kids around here."

      She shrugged her shoulders. The teenage girl looked guilty and embarrassed. "Mom, stop. Don't you think you're a little harsh."

      "Yes, Chile. Check your mother please before I come check her for you." My aunt says putting her suitcase beside me and Ariana. She was about to spazz on that woman.

      "Then come check me. I will call the cops on you. I will press charges."

      "Lady-"

      I cut my aunt off. "Excuse me, you did not just say you're gonna call cops when YOU'RE the one who insulted us first."

      "I didn't insult you, young woman."

      "Yes, you did. Saying "you blacks" is an insult. You're not about to do that. If my aunt doesn't swing on you, I will."

      The teenage girl next to her looked concerned. "Okay. No need to get violent here guys. Mom, let's go. Our stop's here."

      They grabbed their things and left once the bus had stop. "Maneee, I was ready to record this." I heard a guy with a beered said "Worldstar!"

•••

      We finally made it to the house and let me tell you how tired I was. My aunt gave us each a room so I'm still glad for that. I ran to the fridge and it was empty. "Ughhh. I forgot we just came here."

      I plopped on the couch. "I'm tired."

      Ariana ran and lay on the other couch. "Tell me about it."

      Clarissa laughed. "I have to get my old job back so I will be back in a while. Make yourself at home. Make sure to fix your rooms. I left money on the kitchen counter to order some food."