12

november 3,2020

•••

"Hello?"

"Hey, Boo." I held my phone firmly to my ear as I plopped on my bed. Moving around so much, my hair was messy.

"How you're doing?" He seem liked he came closer to the phone. I couldn't really hear him before. "We haven't spoken in a minute. I have been so busy getting my grades right and football practice."

"Yes, I know. I have been busy with work. I guess we're both busy."

       "Speaking of work. How is it? Do you like it?"  I heard background noise as if he had company over or something.

      "Work is great. Libby is so nice. I have been working the Coffee machine better than last time." I'm hoping he doesn't know about the embarrassment that happened the first time I began using the coffee machine. Cameron probably told him.

      "Ahhh." He laughed. "Heard about your little mistake."

      I smiled. "Shut up. It was my first time and he was making me nervous."

      "Nervous huh?"

      "Did I say nervous? China doesn't get nervous. I meant..." I was trying to find the right words for this. "He makes me annoyed."

     "Yeah. Haha sure." He said, knowing damn well I was actually nervous.

     "I'm serious." I got out my bed deciding to head in the kitchen to get a water bottle.

      "If you say so." He said. "Hey, listen, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to hang out today?" He asks unsurely.

      "We wanted to hang out-" Dove interrupted over the phone and I immediately knew everyone was either over at his house or they were out.

      "Don't interrupt me, child."

      I rolled my eyes.

      "Uh, excuse me? I'm like the same age as you." She stated.

      After a moment, I didn't hear anything and I'm guessing the brat put me on mute and I huff. I ran back inside my room. I opened my closet and searched for something to wear. I looked over at my art book on my bed. I shrugged not wanting to hide it because nobody was gonna come in my room.

      I look back in my closet and grabbed my air forces and a T shirt. I already had pants on and I knew the shirt was going to match my pants. It was like a street wear outfit and that was my style. I like clothes that makes me comfortable. Not too tight.

      Although I don't judge or anything but some girls at school really be coming to school just to dress up to impress. I really don't mind them dressing up and everything but at least cover your boobs in class. There was this one girl I seen with a bra on and an open jacket she had on in class.

      Our school don't have dress code so imagine walking around on campus and seeing everyone's outfits. Some of them really dress nice. But others- I'm not gonna say anything.

      "China."

      "Did you forget about me? Why was I on mute?" I questioned.

      "Sorry. Cameron was interrupting my little argument with Dove" he laughed.

      "Oh." Was it something serious that they didn't want me to know? "How is he doing anyway?" I didn't want to be all up in their business.

      "He is doing fine. You fixed that arm pretty well, China."