5

"Wake up! I'm not trying to be late for work."

Sounds of footsteps coming up the stairs. I groaned. It's the freaking third day. The least I can do is rest. I have no mood in going to school today. I closed my eyes, hiding my face on my pillow, not wanting to get up.

"Ari wake your ass up. I know you heard me coming up here. Don't make me make you." I hear my aunt enter Ariana's room.

I grinned knowing that it wasn't my room that she first came into. Well, I least have a few seconds before she busses through the door. I heard her footsteps moving closer and closer, and I held my eyes shut.

I heard the door handle moving and I sensed the presence of someone coming closer and I opened my left eye and looked a little bit. Light shone across my eyes before I knew it, and I huffed.

My aunt opened the other side of the curtains. "Wake your butt up. Stop pretending you're sleeping."

I opened my other eye and glared at her. "Really? Why can't we go to school next week ahhhh." I yawned.

"Because." She said before slamming my door behind her.

In the mornings, my aunt gets very moody. I got used to her being annoying. I was laying down for a moment before my phone started to ring. I raised my right eyebrow, getting confused. That's strange. My phone never rings.

I look at the caller ID and it said a number I didn't recognize. I was reluctant to pick it up, but I did pick it up anyway. "Hello?"

"Chi! It's me Sofia." How did she even get my number? I seen them in Dominos two days ago and I actually kinda missed them.

I sat up, swinging my legs back and forth on my queen size bed. "How did you get my number?"

"Well....your cousin kinda gave it to me."

I slap my hands on my forehead and shook my head. Of course she did. I don't recall Ariana talking to them two days ago. So I'm guessing I wasn't there. Oh yeah! that's right I went to use the restroom. They definitely came up to Ariana.

"B-but don't tell her I told you. Anyway, It's Monday, which means there's school. I was wondering since you're here now, if you're coming to school today or maybe next week."

I got off my bed and opened my closet door. Wondering what clothes I'm gonna wear. "I am actually. Clarissa is making us come. Even though I told her we can always go next week."

I grabbed my black T-shirt that said 'PARANOID' with the color orange. I looked for a cargo pants. I have many different types of colors in cargo pants. I'm a tomboy so I have a lot of shoes and no heels.

"I'm really glad you came, China. I hope we can re-build our bond. I missed you, Chi, and I am so sorry for not reaching out." Her voice cracked and I smiled.

"It's okay. I forgive you."

Progress.

"For real!" She squealed, making my ear hurt.

I quickly pulled my phone out of my ear. I was annoyed, and I already wanted to hang up on her. "Okay, stop the yelling."

She laughed. "Do you want me to pick you up?"

"You got a car?" The last time me and her seen each other she had no car. Dove always brought her to school.

"Yeah, my mom gave it to me for my birthday."

"That's what's up. I'm gonna ask Clarissa if I can ride with you." I grabbed a black cargo pants, putting both my pants and T-shirt on my bed.