10

thank you guys so much for 1k !

•••

      I woke up around 3 in the morning.

      Still half asleep, I suddenly noticed how cold I was. Shaking, I noticed my hands were trembling. I tucked myself in under my sweater and tried to take some deep breaths. It didn't help. I looked down to find my legs shaking terribly as well. Not wanting to disturb the people in the house, I got up and locked myself in the bathroom.

      I thought I was having a seizure.

      I started crying because this would all disappear including me and no one seemed to realise it. Did no one feel what I was feeling?

      No one had ever wanted me. And for some reason I didn't even want me anymore. I wished I could have stepped out of my body and given it back, like you do with a shirt that doesn't fit properly.

      My heart was racing. I was sweating. My chest hurt and I felt like I was going to throw up. I was losing control. I was taking deep breaths. Slowly...

      I spent an hour on the cold tile of the bathroom floor, my eyes burning red and my head full of confusing thoughts. I didn't understand what was going on then, but I felt so nervous I locked myself in the bathroom.

      I stayed there for an hour, then went over to my windowsill and waited for some sign of life to pass, but when I saw nothing, I realized that's where I wanted to be. I quietly jumped down and walked down the street where I spent hours before deciding that I need some sleep if I'm going to survive school the next day.

•••

      I was stressed

      I hated myself.

      The deep bags under my eye made it clear that I wasn't doing great. I didn't let Clarissa see me this morning. I spent the entire day at school ignoring everyone in a tired haze.

      It's been a week since my encounter with Cameron. I was very surprised finding out that the woman I worked for is Cameron's mother. That means I'm gonna be seeing more of him than I thought. Not that I care.

      Boy, I was so wrong.

      I walked out behind the school and spotted Cameron. I got closer to him and he glanced at me before looking back down at his shoes. "What do you want?"

      "It's you." I said stupidly, ignoring his sentence.

      He lifted his eyebrows but his facial expression didn't change. I didn't expect him to crack me a smile or hug me or anything but at least be nice.

      He was icy cold.

      There was no wind yet the air felt a little cold. I wondered what he was doing here. "What are you doing here?" I asked as he stood up and wiped the dirt off his pants.

      "Is that any of your business?" He replied dryly.

      "No but-"

      "Don't ask then." He snapped.

      "I was only asking."

      "Well, for future reference, don't ask me any question. Mind your business." He shot back.

      I nodded my head. "Okay. You don't have to be disrespectful about it."

      He looked at me and I looked away, not wanting him to see my baggy eyes. "Are you straight?"

      I nodded my head. "Yeah, just tired." I don't know if he can tell that I'm lying but he just didn't say anything after that.

      The bell ring signaling its time for third period. Art class. I haven't been showing up for third period but today I wanted to attend. I didn't want my aunt finding out that I have been skipping class just to avoid doing something I used to love to do.

      Cameron walked away and I just stood there starring at him while he walked towards the back doors of the school. He opened it and turn to me, raising his eyebrow. "You coming?"

I go back into reality and nodded my head at him as I sigh. And that was the last time this week we ever spoke.

•••

Today is Monday. There was no school today so I agreed to work extra shift. After work me and Sofia and her friends agreed to go out. I look around the shop to see it empty. Some customers had left their cups and rest food on top of the table, and some were careless to even throw their take away food things on the floor.

I glanced outside, surprised to see it was pitch dark. There was so many lamps all the over the shop keeping it dimly lit. I didn't even notice. I decided to clean up after our customers. I don't understand people these days. It's not that hard to clean after yourself.

My head went back to the day I found out that I was working with Cameron's mother. Well, she's not exactly his mother.

"Mother?" I gap at her, my gaze moving between her and the door Cameron just walked out of. Surely she can't be serious.

"Well, not my blood." She explains, leaving me beyond confused. "My husband, Victor is his coach and owner of Apple. Cameron and Maya turned up on our doorstep almost 15 years ago."

"So you've raised them." She nods slowly. "Has Cameron always been...." I trail off for a moment, how do word a teenage jerk nicely? "Like that?

She laughs, nodding again as she takes a seat on the other side of the counter. Her face expression changed and she smiled slightly. "Victor found them, closing up the gate at the football field one night, sitting on bleachers. It was the middle of winter and they didn't even have a pair of shoes. They was covered in blood and bruises. Made my heart breaks in two. Cameron was only a sack of bones when he first came to us, so was Maya."

"What happened to them?" I ask quietly, unable to imagine the emotionless man that I'd just talk to being vulnerable.

"Only they know the answer to that question. For the first year, Cameron didn't speak a word to us. Maya spoke a few. Cameron just trained with Marvin 24/7. We tried to get them to tell us but it only makes them more angry so we all learned not to ask anymore."

I wanted to know everything about him. What is wrong with me? I have never been so nosey. But he was so intriguing that I have to learn more.

•••

My writing is getting better! And I wanted you guys to know more about Cameron so I wrote this small chapter. How did you guys feel about this chapter? Please let me know.