2

thursday, april 30, 2020

𐂂𐂂𐂂
••••

      I woke up at 10 in the morning. It was Saturday, so I'm glad I didn't have school today. I stretched out on my bed. I got up and put my slippers on, and I went to the window. I forced the blinds open and checked my phone.

No notifications. The usual.

I don't really use my phone that much. I mean, I have social media like Instagram or whatever these teenagers use these days. But I'm barely on them.

My thoughts went back to yesterday and it changed my mood. I'm trying to be happy, I really am. I'm not trying to think about the events last summer, but it's all going through my brain.  I don't even know how to explain it.

The death of a love one is one of the hardest. It leaves heartache no one can heal. We should learn to live with it. We all know that our time in the world is limited. And yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know, love, and care for.

My thoughts got interrupted when someone knocked on my door. "Open."

"Good morning, China." My aunt, Clarissa, smiled and walked in my room. "Do you have any plans today?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know yet. Maybe go to the library."

"Girl, come on. Why don't you go to freakin' party instead? Have some fun!" She spin me around.

I laughed and grabbed her hands. "Aunt Clarissa, you will never convince me to go out and go to a party and 'have fun'."

She rolled her eyes, "If that's your definition of fun then so it be. But i ain't going with you. Take the bus."

I nodded. "Of course. That's what I always do everyday, anyway."

You can tell she was the fun aunt.

"Alright. Get ready and come downstairs. Breakfast is ready." She pat my back.

"I'm not really hungry today. A girl goin skip" I said setting my phone down on my bed.

"Uhuh. Girl, you are coming downstairs after you get ready, to eat. Breakfast is important. I said what i said" She closed the door behind her. Now It was my turn to roll my eyes.

Clarissa agreed I would live with her and she would be my legal parent after my parents died. By the way, if you were wondering, it was my cousin, ariana, who called the police.

I had finally left that shit hole of town in California. Too many drug dealers, thugs, and people that are willing risk lives for money. You're wondering what happened to Travis.

Well, Travis went to jail for being a part of the crew. He did a lot of illegal things. He is serving a year in prison but it's been like four months so he has 8 months left.

And Antonio? He is serving years. Not only for killing my parents but for others too. He killed 7 innocent people. Shaking my damn head, the things people do for money.

I got ready for the day.