11

tuesday oct 27,2020

•••

I was in class day dreaming about the day I will be seeing my brother for the first time in months. I was an over thinker. A worrier. I was nervous. I wanted to hug him so tight. I miss him so much I don't know what I'll do without him.

I looked at the tv screen our teacher was showing us. We were learning about George Washington. I don't understand why we learn about the same thing in history over and over again. It was pointless.

My thoughts go back to Cameron. I can never get him out of my head. Weeks ago I noticed that he always hung out with us: Sofia, Booboo, Thomas, and Dove. I included with Ariana but we barely spoke to each other. Even the crew noticed it.

I thought that he hated me but he treated everyone else the same way, besides his friends. Are they even his friends? I keep thinking that they only stay because he probably felt lonely. And that was probably the case. Or maybe not.

He don't talk at all sometimes and I just feel like he thinks that they stick by him because they'll feel bad if they leave him. And I don't think that's true. He never wants to tell them anything personal. They barely know anything about him, and that I noticed, the second week of school.

He was sometimes rude towards them but was it because he's playing? To me it felt like he was being serious. About everything. I don't even remember one time he smiled or even laughed.

Everywhere he goes, people were staring at him. Some people were afraid to speak to him because all he do is get into fights. Ever since I been in school he has. That is something I didn't know about him. He's a fighter.

That's probably why everyone is so eager to stay away from him. They hated him. I didn't even know Cameron completely, yet I knew what it was liked to be hated so strongly. I didn't want that again, I didn't want to be thought of this way.

Suddenly, a bang and shriek shook me out of my thoughts and brought me back to reality. What the heck was that? I turn to face Sofia, Thomas, and Booboo but they had the same reaction.

"What's going on?" A lot of fuss was being made outside the classroom and a boy ran outside the classroom.

"It's a fight!" He shouted to the rest of us and as soon as the words left his mouth, everyone ran outside the classroom. I don't know what it was about fights but everyone just loves to sit and watch them.

"Everyone get back here!" Our teacher ran after them.

Sofia pulled me from my chair. She didn't say anything but proceeded to drag me.

"I don't wanna go." I whined.

"Come on, it's a fight. I already know who's fighting." She gestured towards the boys. "Thomas and Boo run and go stop Cam. Now." She demanded.

And I immediately knew what she talking about. Cameron? Another fight? Not many people were surrounding the fight, and what I saw made me gasp.

"That's Cameron!" I whisper shouted to Sofia and she nodded not surprised.

"Do something! He's kill him!" Dove shouted and I looked at her as she ran and tried to help Thomas grab Cameron away from the boy.

"Shit." I cursed.

A teacher came running into the scenes only a few seconds later and pulled Cameron away from the boy. He struggled. Cameron's anger seemed to cease a little and he shook the teacher's grip from off his shoulders and walked away from the scene.