*✧prologue✧*

*flashback starts here*

"Where are we going?" I ask impatiently, looking out of the window. The road is dull, no trees on the sides, with only fields spreading in sight.

"You'll see soon" he answers, a shy smile on his lips. We've been driving for more than 30 minutes now and he's been pretty quiet.

Curious, I tilt my head to the side and bore into his golden eyes. Suddenly I recall the kiss we shared last week and I have an urge to make it happen again. He looks so adorable in these glasses. I chuckle under my breath and play with my fingers.

In a bit the car starts to accelerate, so I suppose we've reached our destination. We park somewhere in the middle of nowhere, but the fields here are different – they are poppy fields. He leaves the car with a soft blanket in his hands and he opens passenger's door.

"Wow" I whisper, flabbergasted. He doesn't say anything, just lets me look around and eventually shows me the way into the flowers. The sun has started to set, its fiery beams are kissing both the ground and our skins. Is it weird to say that my heart is skipping a beat?

"So-" I begin once we're seated among this endless redness, but can't finish as he reaches for my hand, squeezing it lightly. This sends shivers down my spine right away.

"Y/N, I've been thinking about last Saturday... about me, you, about us-" he says calmly, stuttering a little, trying to look me in the eyes. "I know I am a- a little bit of a nerd and it seems to me like... it's a huge idontknowwhat to be dating, but I really really like you and I thought maybe we... we could be a thing. You are the prettiest girl in high school"

I smile down at him and squeeze his hand back. My lips are now parted and I start to breathe heavily. His left hand goes up to my cheek, caressing it slowly with his fingers and I melt under this touch. His nose pecks mine and I giggle. His mouth is getting closer and closer until it finally touches mine. The kiss is delicate, soft lips brushing each other, no rush is needed at this very moment. I don't want it to end.

'I really really like you, too"

*flashback ends here*

****

The night passed relatively quickly. I don't remember the last time I've slept more than 5 hours. I may consider it a nice exception.

I still have 30 minutes left, so I grab a huge mug with coffee and lean against the window frame.

Spring has come. Finally. I smile seeing small buds blossoming on trees in front of the apartments. A few clouds are moving lazily in the sky. The neighborhood is always busy around this time of the day – people are in rush, either on their way to work, or while walking their kids to preschool. I open the window and let the bubbling sound fill the room.

I finish coffee and pack my lunch. I head towards the hall, fighting the impulse to turn left and enter the room in the very end of the corridor.

Fuck, I almost did it last night, I even held onto the door handle, but, eventually, I got back to my bed. It was killing me. It is killing me. It is worse than anything that I ever experienced before. And knowing that this feeling will not be gone soon is the worst.

I bite my bottom lip in hesitance. I imagine him lying on his right side, hair unkempt, a lazy smile on his face. He's probably mumbling something in his sleep, too. I wish I could go back to how things were last fall. I wish I could forget the darkest and the coldest winter in my life.

I really want to do something about it. It's become more than annoying. But instead, I only sigh in regret and leave the apartment.

****

A/N:
Soooo, yeah, this is it.

A short one, since it's only a prologue. The first part takes place somewhere in the past, the second is "now".

I wanted to wait a lil longer, but today's MTV Unplugged with BTS got me really excited and I decided to go with the flow :)

Again, this is something new for me, as I used to write in my native language only and mostly for my eyes only, so I'd really appreciate any feedback. I hope you find the story interesting ^^

Have a wonderful day!

Yours,

sofast_