*✧ 12 ✧* double update!

A silky fuchsia minidress clings to my body and I realize I'm feeling a little too uncomfortable as I enter the restaurant at 6:54PM. Dress straps are super thin and they cross on my shoulder blades, composing a whole variety of shapes on my back. My nude stilettos are a bit too tight but I loved the way they matched with the dress anyway. My hair is styled in a glossy updo, a few strands fall on my face, though, making the whole look a little romantic. A long, silver necklace hides comfortably in between my breasts, glimmering and flickering in the light of expensive lamps I'm passing by, making my way to the table reserved by my dad.

My eyes scan the room full of people, all dressed up, handsome men and stunning women sway around giggling and hugging each other. I knew my dad liked this whole lavishness but it was clearly more that I had expected. And suddenly there's a wave a bit to the right and it's my dad, he's wearing a dark grey suit and a fancy bright tie with tiny dots and I smile widely as I approach him. The waiters and waitresses move smoothly among the guests, trays and platters in their hands as they pass me. My nostrils catch all these tempting smells floating and mixing together in the air. My stomach makes a sudden flip and somehow I know it's not because I'm hungry. Not a bit of it...

Yes, it's true I did my best and I did really try hard to get there before him, but – obviously – I failed.

He's sitting there, next to my mom, laughing heartily, leaning towards her and then whispering to her ear. My muscles stiffen immediately and my throat feels dry as I clench my fists, still walking towards them.

The view is... breathtaking. It's true I haven't seen him for a while but he's clearly changed. He looks so mature, his jawline sharpened, he got a new haircut and I'm pretty sure he had worked out more than usually for these past few weeks. The suit fits his body perfectly, the fabric wraps around his biceps tightly bringing all the pretty little details out. But there's sadness in his eyes, there's no way I wouldn't sense it.

You're gonna be fine. You're gonna be just fine, Y/N. There waves are not big. Not at all. And they're gonna drift away eventually. It's not a big deal... or is it?

My lips form into a tight line when I press them together, finally having reached my destination. Guys from Lee Ltd. are nowhere to be found yet so there's only me, mom, dad and Tae. What a happy family, aren't we?

"Hi!" a squeak escapes my mouth as I stand in front of them, my dad is the first person to reach out to me, hugging me tightly and rubbing my back. I close my eyes, wishing there would be no Kim Taehyung the second I open them, but it never happens.

He's still here, getting closer and closer with each second before he wraps his hands around my waist and kisses a soft spot between my cheekbone and my ear as soon as he welcomes me with a sweet 'hey babes'. The gesture, well-known, yet already forgotten, makes me shiver under his touch and there's not much I can do, considering given circumstances. I nod slightly, inhaling his scent before I lean back to sit by the table. The waiter is bringing champagne and I don't need to be called twice – I rise from my seat to grab a glass and start sipping lucid liquid nervously.

It's going to be a long, long night, isn't it?