*✧ 1 ✧*

The traffic is heavy today when I'm crossing the Diamond Bridge, the one connecting Haeundae-gu to Suyeong-gu. Thank God I stopped by at Starbucks and ordered my fave Caramel Macchiatto, otherwise I would have been asleep in the car. Who wouldn't, if you move 2 meters every 5 minutes. I didn't really care it was my second coffee already and I didn't even arrive at work.

"What's up, Yeonju?" I answer my phone, seeing it's my friend calling. "The traffic is a bitch."

"Hi hun, the meeting is about to start. I'll tell them to wait for you. Dunno what's this all about, I guess they're gonna bring some new people over. Some kind of introduction to the team or something like this."

"Sure, I'll be there in 10." I reply and zone out back to my nagging thoughts.

What was he doing yesterday? He came back home late. Home. Is that what we have now? Is that what we share? The word feels weird on my tongue now. He did not wander about the living room. He did not ask me how my day was. Not that I would be very talkative, but still. When was the last time he really tried to? I think I lost track while counting how many days have already passed. Will it ever be the same again? Will it, at least, get better?

****

"I'm terribly sorry guys, the traffic caught me cold." I say quietly entering the conference room, pink color on my cheeks now. I step to the side and sit down next to some youngsters: probably interns.

"Hey Y/N, no worries, we've just started." Soyeon smiles back at me and carries on with the headline for today.

It's funny how quickly things change. Intel8 used to be a branch of a bigger project, showing up as a 3-4 pages' article on one of Gardner's 8 types of intelligence in weekly or monthly newspapers and look what it has become! We have our own newspaper now, with 8 different departments according to these 8 types: linguistic, logical/mathematical, spatial, bodily-kinesthetic, musical, interpersonal, intrapersonal and naturalist. Each issue is divided into parts and includes various articles, advice, stories and many more on each type. And we even admit interns now. Now, this is a thing I can be proud of.

"Did I miss much?" my thoughts are interrupted by a low, hoarse voice echoing in the walls and I guess I am not the only one who is taken aback by how nonchalant this behavior was.

I look up and I see a young man, his eyes doe, dark coconut-colored hair swept back, only a few longer strands falling on his face. He pouts for a moment and looks around, not really knowing where to head.

"We're ALSO extremely sorry you're late." Soyeon hisses, trying to act as if nothing happened. "Please take a seat." she clenches her teeth and returns to the topic. I can tell she's freaked out.

"Will do." he responds happily, carelessness painted on his face. He then moves smoothly between the rows of plastic chairs and lands on one at the back of the room. If he's here only to laze his ass around, he won't survive the first week, let alone the whole internship. But who am I to judge?

Somehow, from this very moment I can't focus on what Soyeon is talking about.

****

I come back home hungry as a bear. The month is coming to an end and all employees are having a mountain of work these days – the issue must be printed next week so it's ready in the first week of the month. I've always tried to keep this work-life balance since my first day at work and I used to be really successful... until last winter. I hate to admit that from now on I usually take my work home and I bury myself with piles of various articles that need to be corrected from the top down. And so I am deprived of sleep.