*✧ 4 ✧*

Hi Jungkook,

please meet me in my office at 10:30. I'm really sorry for changing the schedule, but I need to eat something first, so my brain works properly. Also, please don't forget about taking some of your writings with you, so we can go through them and focus on your strong and weak points.

Thanks,

Y/N

I scrunch my nose at this. Why would he even know and care about that since we've just met each other? I delete the message immediately.

Jungkook,

meet me at 11. Bring your writings.

Y/N

*✧*✧*✧*

When I was a kid we lived close to the shore and my mom would always take me to the beach whenever the weather was okay. Most of the coast in the central part of the city is always crowded with people and spotted with food stalls where we would always buy cotton candy, however we would only buy it and go further to more secluded parts of the beach.

I liked playing with sand and building sandcastles, but I was always so fascinated while watching the waves hit the shore. The moment they were getting bigger and bigger, rushing closer toward us always gripped me in awe. Once the waves hit the shore the awe and fear were giving way to relief, it was almost purifying.

I remember my mom taking me there every time there was either a big decision to be made, or I was feeling blue because of some bad experience. So when I grew up I would always go there, for example when grandma was in the hospital, when my beloved doggy Rocky died, when I was elected class president, etc.

Waves were always there for me.

So I often recall the conversation I had with Jimin back then, during our first year at university. I was scared Tae would leave me because I had so much to do for uni and barely found time for him. For us. We just started uni, so I was full of uncertainty with regard to what life looked like once you're and adult living your own life and having so many responsibilities. High school was nothing compared to this.

*flashback starts here*

"Think of this long, white, sandy beach ahead of us," he says, spreading his arms over this vastness of blue. "Waves are crashing on the shore all the time. Some are small, while others are huge and dangerous. But no matter their size, they all disappear when they reach the beach." he glances a smile at me and I gulp, thinking how bad I acted with Tae. Jimin leads me forward, turning his head back every now and then, as if checking to see if I was still there. I send him my fake smile and he whines, snapping his finger at me.

"Now imagine someone trying to fight the waves. That doesn't make much sense, does it? At the end of the day, it turns out the water does not cause any harm to the beach, you know? It is true that some waves are more frightening than others. And they can make you feel bad for a while. Yeah, I've been there, too. You may even think they will never go away. But at some point, all waves dissolve into the sand, no matter how much fear they create." He turns around again and notices my face, all in pain. I feel so invulnerable at that moment I just want to lay down on the sand and cry. I hate overthinking but that's exactly what I am perfectly perfect at.