18

Sam was walking with her sister and Jace by her side down the street with the downworlders in tow, which was different than the cemetery they walked into the first time, with a frown on her face she turned to Jace, "This isn't the City Bones, is i...

Sam was walking with her sister and Jace by her side down the street with the downworlders in tow, which was different than the cemetery they walked into the first time, with a frown on her face she turned to Jace, "This isn't the City Bones, is it?"

"This is the Downworlders entrance." He answered looking ahead with clenching jaw, she nodded, "Great."

Once they reached their destination, the blonde turned to them, "Everyone knows what to do?" The plan was really simple, they would distract the guards, snatch Meliron and get the hell out of this place.

When everyone nodded in response, Jace turned to them, "Text when you're in position."

Luke nodded walking ahead of the group with the werewolves in tow when Raphael whisled, "Stay." The werewolf stopped in his tracks turning to the smirking vampire with a raise in his eyebrows, Raphael's smile widened, "Good dog."

"Bite me."

"Roll over."

"Play dead." At that comeback, Simon grinned giving Luke a fist bump, when they started walking again, one of the werewolves bumped into Simon which made the vampires bare their teeth at the werewolves who retaliated with a growl.

Sam rolled her eyes stepping between them with a huff, "Enough! What's wrong with you? You wanna be enemies, have at it. But not tonight. Alright?" She turned her head to her father figure, "Luke?" She gave him a piercing gaze.

He nodded backing off with the rest of the werewolves before she turned to Raphael, "Rulebreaker?" He raised his eyebrows at her but at her unimpressed gaze he nodded backing off.

Each group went inti different directions to execute the plan they agreed on leaving Sam and Jace behind, Jace turned to the blonde unzipping his jacket, "Before I forget, these belong to you." He handed Sam the Ace of Cups along with Clary's necklace which the blonde tugged in her bag quickly.

"Somehow I doubt Alec handed those willingly."

Jace avoided her eyes, looking down, "He didn't."

Sam could see how Alec's and Jace's fight were taking a toll on the parabatais' relationship so she refrained from asking any other questions. The couple walked off together hiding behind some craters, she activated her vision rune.

She squinted her eyes blinking rapidly, before her eyes fell on Alec and a blonde woman handling Meliron with a bunch of guards following them.

"What is Alec doing here?" She questioned throwing a glance at the blonde Shadowhunter beside her who was clenching his jaw very hard you'd think it would snap any moment now.

"Lydia must have sent him." Sam frowned at the name, having not heard it before, "Who's Lydia?"

"Alec's future wife." Sam frown deepened a question on the tip of her tongue about the relationship status of the grumpy Shadowhunter, "Don't ask." Jace said.