2

Sam didn't know what to do as she ran out of the Pandemonium in a rush, she didn't see Clary anywhere, she hailed the first cab that stopped her way, hastening to get to her apartment which indeed Clary went to, Sam ascended the stairs in a hurry,...

Sam didn't know what to do as she ran out of the Pandemonium in a rush, she didn't see Clary anywhere, she hailed the first cab that stopped her way, hastening to get to her apartment which indeed Clary went to, Sam ascended the stairs in a hurry, opening the door, she was stunned the whole apartment was torched, she looked around in bewilderment.

Every corner of the apartment was either torn down or burned to mere ash, her eyes darted everywhere searching for her mom or sister anyone when she heard screaming coming from deep in the apartment, she hurried there, and the scene she saw was absolutely horrifying.

Clary was trapped on a wall with a demon breathing down her neck with his talons out, ready to deliver the final blow, Sam reached into her pocket for the blade, but her hand touched nothing. She must've dropped back in the Pandemonium. She looked around, finding throwing the first heavy thing at the ugly demon.

The demon snarled at the blonde, completely ignoring the redhead girl who fell on the floor with a sob. He rushed at Sam, knocking the wind out of her, "Ugly and stupid. Are you one of my ex-boyfriends?" She wondered as she wrestled with the nasty demon, trying to get to her stele.

She finally wrapped her fingers around the stele, when a blade pierced the wicked demon's body, turning it into nothing but a pile of ash, the blonde guy's face appeared in front of her as she rested her head on the floorboard breathing heavily, "What, no "thank you" for saving your life?" He offered her his hand, which she took gratefully, standing up.

She turned to him with a tilt of her head, "I think it was me who saved your life back there," Sam retorted with raised eyebrows referring to her slaying the demon that was about to hit the guy.

"Let's not get cocky," He said with a smirk before the blonde's eyes widened, rushing to her sister, who laid unconscious on the floor, "Clary!" She yelled, running to her sister.

Sam got down on the floor checking her sister's neck to find a deep gash on it, "I think the demon got her" She looked up at Jace, "Can you help her?" He nodded before carrying Clary back to the institute.

Sam sat beside her sister, it's been a few hours since the demon got to her, she tried calling her mother, but that never worked out, she tried Luke, but he never picked up either, Sam was frustrated, she was in an abandoned church which was supposedly the institute where Shadowhunters resided, she sighed passing her hand through her hair.

"Hi" She heard a voice greet behind her, so she turned around looking at the woman, she remembered her from the Pandemonium, the one with the white dress, "I'm sorry. I don't know who you are?" Sam didn't mean to sound rude or anything. She was just baffled at the whirlwind of things that happened tonight.

Though the woman didn't seem to mind introducing herself to the blonde, "I'm Isabelle. I've never seen Jace so curious about a mundane or distracted. Like you saw earlier, distractions are dangerous in our line of work."