9

Sam put her hands in her pockets listening closely to every word Clary was saying, the redhead had woken up her sister along with Jace to tell them what happened when she touched her necklace thinking of her mother, "And he spoke to you?" Jace ask...

Sam put her hands in her pockets listening closely to every word Clary was saying, the redhead had woken up her sister along with Jace to tell them what happened when she touched her necklace thinking of her mother, "And he spoke to you?" Jace asked a little perplexed, Clary nodded immediately, "He said my name. He said, Your mother for the Cup"

Sam opened her mouth about to say something when Alec barged into the room having overheard Clary, "Who said that?" He inquired looking at the redhead.

"Valentine." The three Shadowhunters answered in unison, they wanted to tell him that the Shadowhunter had set a bargain the cup for Joceyln's life, Sam couldn't understand how can someone not care about the mother of his children how can someone be that ruthless.

"He's with my mother." Clary continued.

Alec narrowed his eyes at her, "And he can speak to you through that necklace? Here, in the Institute?"

"It's like when I saw Dot."

Jace held the necklace in his hand inspecting it silently, "It's a Portal shard. That's why your mother made sure you had it." He said.

Clary shook her head as if she could care less about what the necklace is, she tucked at her sleeves nervously, "All I know is what I saw. My mother's alive. She's unconscious but alive."

Alec eyed her skeptically, he didn't know how Jace could easily trust her and her sister especially when he knew that they were Valentine's children, the most wanted man in the Shadow World, he tried to put his prejudice away questioning Clary for more information, "Where are they?"

"I don't know."

"But you said you saw them. Were there any identifying characteristics? Equipment, weapons, photographs?" Alec pressed.

"I don't remember. It was awful." Clary answered, passing her hand through her hair in frustration at the raining questions.

Sam glanced at Alec and Clary's distressed face, Alec was only doing his job she tried to remind herself of that but she couldn't help the flare of protection that overwhelmed her for her little sister, "Hey! Just back off, okay?" Sam said, glaring at the Older Lightwood.

Alec turned to look at her, rolling his eyes, "I'm trying to get something we can use out of this so we can find your mother"

The blonde glowered at Alec, who was he kidding she knew damn well that Alec was unconcerned about her mother, "You don't care about my mother, you're only interested because you want Valentine, which we have no idea where he is"

"Emotions are nothing but a distraction. You're ruled by them. We're taught to control them." Alec explained making the blonde scoff.

Alec was talking about being ruled by emotions when pretty much everyone in the room knew the black-haired guy was in love with Jace and not the type of love you have for your brother but so much more perhaps Jace was the only one who didn't know or perhaps he did but he was choosing to ignore it.