8

Walking out of the bar, Sam hung her head low thinking that her last chance at finding the secrets her mother literally slipped through her fingers, she stilled her face, turning to look at her sister who was feeling down too, so she pushed her fe...

Walking out of the bar, Sam hung her head low thinking that her last chance at finding the secrets her mother literally slipped through her fingers, she stilled her face, turning to look at her sister who was feeling down too, so she pushed her feelings aside putting her arm around the redhead's shoulder who curled herself in Sam's side.

"Sam, Clary, we have to move," Jace demanded impatiently looking at the two sisters, Sam turned to Jace trying to keep her voice from breaking, "Just give us a minute, okay?" Sam asked, proud of herself that her voice was steady.

Jace must have noticed, so he nodded softly at the blonde, standing in his place while Alec scoffed, "You know, this is great. And not only did Magnus not get the girls their memories back, but he also took the necklace. This is fantastic-"

Sam rolled her eyes patting Clary's back softly as Jace turned to his brother, "Alec, the girls... Their names are Sam and Clary and I highly suggest you keep your voice down."

Alec's face creased in confusion, "Why? What, are you afraid I'm gonna upset her? We've risked our lives again and again for them, and where has it gotten us? All right? Nowhere. We're no closer to getting the Mortal Cup. And we've lost the Institute's necklace." Alec yelled in frustration.

Sam snorted at the older Lightwood, "You know what, you're not the one who just realized that you're never gonna get your memories back or that you might not see your mother ever again so I'm so sorry if losing the stupid necklace is inconvenient for you but this is my life you're talking about." She exploded breathing shakily as she looked at the Lightwood.

"Sam, it's gonna be fine," Jace muttered to the blonde trying to comfort her when Clary shook her head at the couple, pulling herself away from Sam, "People are dying because of us. And Magnus? Magnus will never come out of hiding again while Valentine is still after him. We're never gonna find him. And I will never get my memories back." Clary said in desperation with Magnus' button in her hand.

Jace seemed to notice the button, his eyes widening in realization, he approached her taking the button between his fingers," You give up way too easy."

"What is he doing?" Clary wondered looking at Sam who shook her head lost at what was doing.

"He's tracking Magnus. The button belonged to him. Jace can pinpoint the location using that." Izzy answered while the sisters watched the button glow in the Shadowhunter's hands, he closed his eyes in concentration.

Jace opened his eyes suddenly with a gasp, "No. The signal's not strong enough. Magnus must be blocking the track. Let's do this, Alec."

"Do what?" The blonde asked as Alec approached Jace and they both put their hands together.

"Parabatai tracking," Izzy answered,  "When Parabatais track, their power grows stronger. Jace and Alec are gonna track Magnus together." The black-haired girl continued as their hands started glowing.