13

Jace and Sam quickly used their glamorize rune walking into the room where Luke was being interrogated

Jace and Sam quickly used their glamorize rune walking into the room where Luke was being interrogated. After the agent left the room, Luke pretended to blow his nose, "Camera," He muttered as both of the Shadowhunters turned to look at the camera in the corner. Jace went to disable it while the blonde watched the werewolf in concern, "What is going on?"

"I think I'm about to be the prime suspect in a murder investigation. Get the cards. In my desk, bottom drawer." Luke answered as Sam nodded, "All right."

She was about to leave with Jace when Luke stopped her, "Whoa, whoa, whoa. You can't glamour yourselves. I'm not the only Downworlder on the force, and we don't know who's working for Valentine. If anybody spots you-" Jace continued clenching his jaw, "We'd be leading them right to the Mortal Cup."

Luke nodded, "Exactly. Better to assume that everybody has the Sight than gamble that they don't." He advised. Sam frowned, looking at the werewolf in doubt, "What about you?"

"I can handle myself," Luke assured her while the blonde wasn't exactly sure how Luke can handle himself. She nodded her head anyway as there were pressing matters to get to.

The two Shadowhunters slipped out of the room, sneaking into the storage room, "Really? In here?" Jace scoffed as he looked around the tiny place. Sam was pressed up against him shrugging, she answered, "Storage rooms have their charm," She remarked, raising her eyebrows.

Jace deglamorized himself, waiting for the blonde who was trying and failing miserably to deglamour herself too, "You need help with that?" Jace asked, raising his eyebrows at her

"You're just looking for an excuse to touch me," Sam said with a little smirk, still trying to deglamour herself; Jace smiled at her, "I don't know. Is it working?"

"If you play your cards right, you might not need an excuse," She stated as she finally deglamorized herself, staring up at Jace; they didn't take their eyes off of each other before Sam cleared her throat, "The Cup."

It took Jace a while to realize what the blonde just said, "Right" He cleared his throat, "How exactly are we gonna get it? I doubt we can make it out of this closet without drawing attention, let alone Luke's desk, and you are covered in runes."

Sam looked to the side, trying to think of a plan before smiling mischievously at Jace, "I have a plan" She bent down, messing her hair up and getting her shirt down a little bit, Jace's eyes widened as he stared at the blonde in shock.

Sam looked up at him with a coy smile. She messed his hair up, "What are you doing?" Jace questioned, swatting her hands away, "Do you have any idea how long it took me to get it to this perfection?"

"You have to look the part," She answered as he frowned in confusion, "Just follow my lead," Sam added, linking her arm in his as they got out of the storage room.

Once they were out of the storage room, the policemen stared at them in shock but Sam, being acquainted with them, ignored the police officers walking to Luke's desk with Jace by her side. She was about to open the desk drawer when Vargas approached her with crossed arms, "Is that the boyfriend that I heard so much about?" She asked.