10

Sam went into the training room, grabbing one of the sticks testing it between her fingers like Jace was doing earlier, she thought she could rewind while thinking of ways to get the cup to get her mother back, Alec walked in the room with a scowl...

Sam went into the training room, grabbing one of the sticks testing it between her fingers like Jace was doing earlier, she thought she could rewind while thinking of ways to get the cup to get her mother back, Alec walked in the room with a scowl on his face going to pick a wooden stick of his own.

Sam raised her eyebrow at the Lightwood, twirling the stick, "I could think of another hundred different people I could be stuck with" She raised the stick under his chin, he rolled his eyes putting it down with his own.

"I don't like it any more than you do,"

Sam hummed thoughtfully as they circled around each other, "I thought you'd be secretly happy to be stuck with me. I need to work on my charms."

He was about to hit her with the stick when she deflected at the last second, "Someone's angry, but I guess you must be your mother was tough on you. You didn't deserve it."

It wasn't playful like when she'd train with Jace, it was more professional that way. Alec shrugged about to hit the blonde yet again but she anticipated it, counter-attacking the Lightwood who deflected her, "Mothers are like that." He said as she took a few steps back thinking of an opening.

"Not my mom." She shook her head circling the Lightwood, "Come on, Alec. Knock me on my ass. I know you want to." She urged with a defiant flare in her eyes as she swung the stick in her hand smiling.

Alec narrowed her eyes at her, "Don't make me say you're right about something."

She tried hitting him but he dodged the attack swiftly as they walked around each other, "Izzy doesn't deserve to be treated like that. "

"Izzy was out of bounds. The law is hard but it's the law. Even I forget that sometimes." Sam shook her head at the older Lightwood hitting his stick with hers, "So you're not bothered by the fact that she sent Jace instead of you?"

Alec swung the stick at her head, she barely avoided it, "If I screw up, I expect to be punished. I'm supposed to be a leader."

She hit him with a series of attacks but with years of experience in Alec's favor, her tries weren't successful, "You want to know what a leader does, Alec? Take action, make decisions. See, you need to stop Valentine from destroying your world and I need to find my mother before he destroys mine"

Alec seemed to listen but he was mostly silent as he launched again in a series of attacks, the blonde couldn't keep up with him as she lost her stick lying flat on the ground after being defeated by Alec, "You need to work on your defense." He remarked helping the blonde up.

Alec put the stick down turning to Sam, shaking his head at her, "What do you think? Do you think we haven't been trying to find your mother?" He retorted crossing his arms in front of his chest.

She sighed approaching him, "Of course you have and for that I'm grateful but you're not letting yourself look at the bigger picture" She started, watching Alec who frowned.