Chapter Six

Hoseok was standing by the classroom door talking to a girl when I first saw him. He was wearing a black shirt, black jeans, black sneakers and a black leather jacket. He was very skinny back then and everyone thought he was handsome. He was the most beautiful man I had ever seen. He was a college student, three years older than me, he tutored at my school. I never believed 'love at first sight' was a thing until I met Hoseok.

Hoseok tutored the same girl every day during studying sessions from 6 pm to 8 pm and they sat at the desk right across from my tutor and I. I never paid attention in class because he was there and his smile was beautiful and his laugh was adorable. I wanted to talk to him, to be his friend, but I was shy, I wasn't good at making friends, the only person I was ever friends with was Jooheon.

I decided to stick to just looking at Hoseok since I was too shy to talk to him. Looking. Staring. Taking in every detail of his face as he taught his student excitedly, every single day. One day he looked at me too. At first, I was embarrassed that he was looking at me so I always looked away quickly, blushing and trying not to smile. Eventually, I looked at him when he looked at me and we smiled at each other, eyes locked for a while. And we did that same thing again and again. And I barely knew him but I loved him.

I found out Hoseok was Jooheon's friend, everybody was friends with Jooheon. So I asked Jooheon to introduce us. And Hoseok did not get a good first impression from me.

I was in sports class one day and I saw him kiss his student behind the bleachers so later that day, when Jooheon brought me to the university campus cafeteria and introduced me to Hoseok, I punched him.

Hoseok was sitting with his friends, Hyunwoo, Minhyuk, Kihyun and Hyungwon. They were all so handsome and cool I told Joohen we should leave but he insisted we stayed, he wanted me to meet his friends.

When I got to their table, I slightly bowed to the older men in front of me and they waved back.

"Guys, this is Changkyunie. These are Minhyuk, Kihyun, Hyungwon, Hyunwoo and Hoseok hyungs!" Jooheon said, pointing at each of them as he said their names.

"Hi, Changkyunie." Hoseok said, waving at me.

I just stared at him for a moment then I punched him. Because he was kissing someone that wasn't me. I was so jealous. Because I felt betrayed. Even though I had no right to. He didn't even know me. He wasn't mine. And I knew he never would be. Also, I was a stupid teenager. So I began to think that maybe the looks we shared didn't mean to him what they meant to me.

I apologized for punching him immediately, of course. They all looked at me like I was insane so I ran off. Jooheon talked to them, though and Hoseok accepted my apology.

We were all friends after that. They thought it was funny how I just punched Hoseok, they said it was badass. We all started hanging out together because Jooheon was friends with all of them. I befriended Hyungwon, Minhyuk, Kihyun, and Hyunwoo easily and quickly, it was nice. I had never had other friends besides Jooheon so it felt different, they made me feel special. And hanging out with them was cool because two of them were over nineteen and they bought us alcohol sometimes. We had fun.

I wasn't as close to Hoseok as I was to the others. It was my fault though. I treated him like shit. Because I was mad. Because I liked him and I was sure he was straight. Because I wanted him and knew I could never have him. Because I was deeply and madly in love with him, especially after we started hanging out and I realized he was such a kind and caring person. I was mean to him and pushed him away so I wouldn't fall deeper for him. He didn't question why I was mean to him, though. He didn't complain or I was mean back. He just ignored it. Until he didn't.