And the world went blank

Warning: This chapter has mentions of murder, abuse, and sexual assault

In the morning, they woke up to a loud splash. "Dude! What the fuck!" Chris had floated water and dumped it all over Fran. "What was that for?!" She yelled. They chased each other around the docks. Fran stood near the edge and looked into the water. She had never really thought about it, but the water looked so deep. It seemed to never end. Every once and a while, a small crystals would glint below the surface. She looked closer, and she could almost see a person floating under the water. She didn't realize how long she had been staring. Nightmare was tugging on her sleeve. "Hey, we are going to start training soon, let's go." I trailed behind the group. I heard a small splash and walked to the edge. The rest of the group moved on, not noticing quiet Fran had strayed.

She sat on the edge. In the distance, she could hear quiet laughing and a few splashes. "Maybe they don't care." She whispered to herself. She stared aimlessly into the water, not really paying attention. She didn't notice the shadow under the water moving more rapidly. She didn't notice the pressure around her head grow. She slowly slipped into unconsciousness, as the darkness around swallowed her.

------------

"My lord, the troops have arrived." Elizabeth bowed deeply before the throne. She stared at the ground. These were the cracks she had long mesmerized. Every nook in the stone was etched in her memory. "Call them to me." She nodded and walked out. She rushed through the halls, eager to greet her friends. She had missed the days before the kingdom, when she and her two best friends roamed the countryside fighting monsters and such. Long before the king had come to rule. Civil times graced the lands. Before, there was no law, no ruler. But peace came at the cost of freedom. She stepped into the guest barracks. Lounging around on the bunks, were the protectors of the Silver Kingdom. "Eli!" She was tackled to the floor. "I missed you too Alice."

The group all greeted her. There were people she barely knew, but they all acted as if they had known each other for years. Elizabeth knew she had to get them to the king fast, or it was her head on the line. She knew every single person in the room had the strongest abilities of the kingdom, save for the king. There was Alice. She could influence minds. Give suggestions, trick their brains, loosen their focus and grip on reality. There was Nathan, who could shapeshift into anything. Even mythical beasts and monsters. Then there's Tucker, who can cast powerful spells, that can last for years. Water breathing, fire resistance, night vision, you name it. There was Kayla, who could turn into the darkness itself, become a shadow. And then there is Alex. He can bend reality. Create things out of air, change terrain to his liking. Even the temperature. She turned and beckoned them out of the room.

She quickly led them to the throne room, where King William sat impatiently on his throne. The group bowed. "I expect you all know why you are here?" He questioned. "Yes sir." Alex answered. "Good. I need you to take care of this for me. War will ruin the tranquility of our plane." The group nodded, bowed again, and headed to council. Elizabeth lingered behind. "Eli." Alice placed a hand on her shoulder. "I know it was never your dream to be taken as the King's advisor, but you are doing great here. You have everything." Alice left the room. Elizabeth stared at the floor. She heard the shuffle of fabric and footsteps leaving the room, the guards had been beckoned away. Seconds after the closing of the doors, sharp, precise, steps made their way closer. They were measured, and timed. She felt a cold hand lift her chin. She stared deep into the greedy eyes of the man in front of her. A flash of recognition passed on her face and she felt great pain and shame looking into those pitch black orbs. She didn't know where in her soul these feelings came from, but the kings seemed to drink in every drop of her uncomfortableness and panic.

The next morning she woke in her bed. The last thing she remembered is those dark eyes boring into her soul. Her body hurt. Why did she always forget. 'A girl who can see the future, but can't remember the past.' She laughed to herself. She was wearing her night clothes, and her adventuring outfit was neatly folded at the foot of the bed. She tried to sit up, but everything was sore. She didn't want to be late, but the stiffness held her in place. Her legs felt numb, and her stomach felt sick. What was happening to her? She rolled onto her side, head spinning. 'What is wrong with me.' She tried to call out, but her voice was cracked and scratchy. It came out as a hoarse whisper. She felt tears well in her eyes as she realized her helpless situation. With her memory of last night gone, just like so many nights before, and her inability to move, she was trapped. Why did her heart hurt. Why did her body ache? Why was were mind filled with shame and hate? 'Why me?' She cried to herself. Never more did she wish for the days before the Silver Kingdom. She wished for the days before she was locked in the castle walls, away from her family, away from her friends. 'Wait. My family?' She had reached memories that were long forgotten, even though it had only been 15 years. She remembered a small house, out in a forest. A brother, laughing while chasing her through the trees. A mother, sitting on the porch smiling. A father, gone to heaven. The memory was gone as fast as it had come. Why had they not looked for her when the king took her in. Images of the king kneeling down and scooping up young 8 year old Elizabeth rushed into her head. She hadn't been out since that day. No one in the kingdom was unhappy, except her. Memories, long buried flashed through her head. She screamed and grabbed her head. The memories flooded her head. She grabbed the notebook from her bedside and rapidly began scribbling words, bits of memories that rushed like flooded river in her brain.

"You're a very beautiful young lady." The king whispered in her ear.

Her hair, the pulling. The screams.

Fire. Her family. The King throwing torches and lighting the trees.

Her head being banged on a bed frame. "Shut up!" The kings voice called out.

Her screams filled the castle as the memories crashed over her. Cascading like a water fall. Her notebook slipped from her hands and fell under the bed. Soon there were voices, incoherent and kind. A rougher voice caught her attention. The king. She kicked and screamed louder. A hand touched her forehead, and the world went blank.

--------------------