Even the villains are human

Kayla POV

"How are we going to find them?" Nathan asked. Tucker sighed. "We might have to wait for them to come back." Kayla had a flicker of a memory. "WAIT." She ran into her room. The three boys followed her. She pried up a floor board, and shuffled things around for a moment. There was a jingle of metal, and she pulled out a small compass.

"What is that?" Alex asked. Kayla smiled. "It's a special compass. Elizabeth has one too. It points to each other." She held the string and let it dangle. "This, is how we find them."

Narration

The two groups continued their journeys, each unknowingly getting closer by the minute.

Fran wandered around the castle. She was completely empty. She felt at peace. She was well taken care of. Fran was happy, but she was alone. She felt as if she was missing something.

The next day,

Elizabeth was leading them across a plains, when a sudden quake that rocked all of them to their cores. "We just crossed the universe barrier." Alice explained. They looked behind them, and their surroundings had changed.

Kayla walked, following her compass. "How much loooonger?" Nathan complained. "Not much farther, the compass is starting to curve." She responded. They continued walking, and soon they were in a large plain. "Hey, wait." They all stopped. Alex was pointing to the distance and they all looked. On the horizon was a group of people. Three tall figures, three normal sized figures, and a few smaller ones. They all ducked into the waist high grass. "So what do we do?" Nathan asked. "Well, we first have to determine if they are hostile." Tucker said. "Wait, what if we send you two," Kayla pointed at Alex and Tucker, "to the sides. You sneak on either side of them, and we directly approach them. If they attack us, you pop up and help fight!" They all agreed and they set off, the three groups walking separately to their goal.

"Hey uh, guys? There are two people in the distance." Tommy pointed out. Elizabeth looked up. "Huh? Wait. That looks like....." Alice looked too. "It's Kayla and Nathan!" They both shouted. They ran forward.

Fran POV

I stayed in that room. At one point, a young maid, Sadie, came to check on her.

"Hi, uh." The door drifted open slightly. "Um, Hi. Who are you?" Fran asked. "Oh, I'm Sadie. I took care of you earlier, when you were asleep. Are you feeling well?" She said. Fran nodded. "Good." Sadie was about to close the door again, but was cut off. "Wait! I'm Fran. Do you want to stay here with me?" Fran pleaded. She was lonely. The only person she had spoken to was William. She wanted a friend. "I'm sorry Fran, but I don't think I can. I have to return to my duties." Fran sighed. "But, I can give you something." Sadie pulled a small book from the bookshelf. "It's a book of fantasy stories. It's pretty entertaining." She walked out, softly closing the door behind her.

Fran read word after word, taking in everything she could. Two hours passed, and she was met with another face. "Hello Fran. I'm back." William walked into the room, carrying a set of new clothes for Fran, and a couple books. Fran shit up from the bed. "You brought things?" she asked. "Yeah." He smiled. "Now go on through that door and change." He handed her the clothes and pointed to the bathroom door. He sat the books on the chair. He looked around the room. The white sheets had a few smears of blood from the wounds. He cringed at the sight. He truly felt bad. He had always had a soft spot for kids, but ever since the accident, his anger always got the better of him.

William smiled as he walked through the door of his humble home. "Charlotte! I'm home!" He called. He set his bag down on the table. A woman, with long black hair and Carmel skin walked in. She was carrying a baby. "How are you, mi amor?" She asked. "Better now." They hugged. "How is Ophelia?"

"She's sleepy today." Charlotte softly handed the child to William. "I'm going to start on dinner. Can you watch her for a moment?" She walked over to the kitchen. After a few moments, she sighed. "I have to go to the store. I forgot to buy the carrots." William stood. "Don't worry, I'll go." He kissed her on the cheek, and slid the baby back into her arms. "Estar seguro, mi amor." He smiled back, picking his bag back up. "Siempre y para siempre."

He walked down the street. They lived not far from the market, and the weather was nice. Soon enough he was walking back. "Hmm, someone has a fire going." He thought. As he turned back into his street, he saw it. His house( and many others on the street, were high in flames. He yelled, dropping the bag. He ran to his front door, but was pushed back by the collapsing roof and smoke. He cried. His lungs filled with smoke, and he passed out.

He shuddered, reminded of the memories of his wife and child. He wished he could go back.

-------------------

does this make you feel at least a bit bad for him? Villians are human too, they just went down a darker path