The quiet city

The group had their plan. It was all ready. They stood in the forest outside the city gates. Barely any sounds came from within.

"Strange..." Nathan muttered. "Normally it's rush hour."

The group slipped through the gates. No people walked the streets. The only sounds came from within houses, and even that was low, sad, conversations.

"What happened?" Alice asked.

Tucker looked around strangely. "No idea. It wasn't like this when we left."

"We could always knock on a door and ask." Alex suggests. They all agree and walk up to a door.

Knock knock

A young man opened the door. "Hello? I'm Seoul. How can I help you?" He seemed sad.

Alex cleared his throat. "Sorry to disturb you sir, but can you tell us why the town is so sad?"

The man widens his eyes in surprise. "You...haven't heard? The king is dead."

The whole group choked on their breath.

"What!" Elizabeth yelled.

Seoul nodded bleakly. "He committed suicide last night. His only note was that his advisor would become queen and that the girl in the castle was to be taken care of, whatever that means."

Seoul said goodbye and the group walked to the castle. When they reached the main gates, the guards quickly opened it for them. A maid rushed forward. "Lady Elizabeth! Thank goodness you have returned. And with the rest of the royal guard. There is a bit of a situation on the fourth floor, east wing." The group all looked at eachother and took off.

When they reached the 'situation' they quickly realized things were much worse than they seemed.

There was Fran. She was sobbing and holding a knife to the throat of a maid.

"Please! Fran! This is all a fixable situation!" The maid yelled.

"Shut up Sadie! I'm not going to hurt you, but I will keep you here until they bring me to William!" She yelled.

Sadie sobbed. "They aren't lying! He is dead. Now let me go so we can talk!"

Fran glances up, and locked eyes with Frisk. Her face went blank. Sadie knocked the knife out of her hand and hugged her. The guards all shuffled out after collecting the weapon.

"Fran...?" Frisk whispered.

The girl looked up. "Sorry, do I know you?