I hope so

Richelle's POV:

I've decided that I'm finally going to do it.

I'm going to tell Ozzy that I like him.

I can only hope though, that he still likes me back; I mean, he hasn't asked me out or flirted with me in a while but maybe he still likes me. I really hope so.

Anyways, I finished getting myself ready and got into my car, ready to pick up some of my car-less friends.

"Hey Richelle." Amy said cheerily as I stopped outside her house. "Hey. Ugh, where's Lily? Everytime I have to pick her up, she's always late!" I complained as Lily opened the door.

"Calm down, calm down, I'm here. I almost forgot my bag." She said with a smile. "It's fine. I just can't be late, today's really important, 'cus I-" I started but I was cut off by the sound of my phone ringing.

"Hey Piper." I said once I had answered the call. "Hey Richelle. Can I please get a ride with you guys? James is in a mood and doesn't want to drive me today." She explained as I agreed.

It'll be okay as long as I still make it to the studio ahead of time; today's an extremely important day. "Why are you in such a hurry, alternate auditions don't start for a while.?" Lily asked as I sighed.

"Today, Nick and Emily are choosing the dance captain, so I can't be late." I said as they nodded. "Don't worry, this is gonna be your year." Amy assured me as I gave her a half smile.

I sure hope so because if I'm not dance captain this year, I'm gonna scream.

I quickly picked up Piper and as we were driving, a sudden question popped into my head. "Wait, why are you guys even going to the studio today? I thought rehearsals were cancelled." I asked confused.

"We're hanging out in The Next Steep until you guys finish with the auditions." Piper said as I nodded slightly. "We really wanna find out who's gonna be dance captain and who the alternates are." Lily added.

When we arrived at the studio and I waved at the others, I made my way to studio A. I saw all of B troupe, a lot of other dancers, Kenzie and Summer. 

Seeing Summer there made my blood boil and I didn't even know why. Maybe it was the thought of losing my dance captaincy to her of all people; I'd much rather lose to Kenzie than to her.

I don't actually mind Summer but I'm still annoyed at how she just walked into this place and instantly got favoured by everyone; I really hope that doesn't happen again this year.

I'm determined to get back to the top.

Nick and Emily finally stopped arguing with each other and started the auditions; first round was the solo round and I have to say, I'm kinda impressed. Some of these dancers are actually pretty good.

"Okay, for those of you who have been asked to continue, it's choreo time." Emily announced. "You are going to be paired up with an A trouper and you'll have a short amount of time to learn the routine." She explained as she began to name different dancers to one of us.

Of course Summer got Presley, but I'm still not worried, I will be dance captain. I got numbers 22, 15 and 10; Izzy, Ethan and Heath, which wasn't so bad.

As we started our routine, Ozzy came in to 'observe' his sister. "Izzy, you need to get those moves a little bit sharper, or else Heath's gonna get onto A troupe." He said as she groaned and rolled her eyes.

"Ozzy, stop ruining the rehearsal, they're trying to audition!" I interrupted, pushing him out of the room. I didn't want him distracting my group and I hope Emily and Nick saw me kick him out; that was a total dance captain move.

"Okay, that was great. You guys can take a 5 minute break to take a selfie with the face of absolute dance." I said as we took the picture.

These guys aren't half bad; they've been doing really good, hopefully better than Summer.

"Alright everyone, time's up. We're going to start with... Summer's group." Emily said after a while as her group began to perform. They were alright, but I'm not giving up that easily.

My group was excellent, I had no doubts, and Kenzie's group was last. It was really good apart from one girl, who kept falling behind on the choreo.

When Emily asked us who we thought should get the alternate spot, I named my entire group because they were all amazing.

In the end, they chose Cleo and Heath but I didn't really care, I was just eager to find out who was going to be dance captain; I hope it's me.

"Ladies... you all did a terrific job but there can only be one dance captain." Emily started as I refrained from pointing out that she and Michelle were co-captains when they were on A troupe.

"We chose... Summer!" She announced as I looked off to the side, trying to stay calm. Kenzie congratulated her but I could only manage a small thumbs up before I walked out of the room.

》》》

"So...did you get it?" Amy asked excitedly as I walked out of studio A. "No, Summer's the new dance captain." I responded in a small voice as she smiled sadly and gave me a hug, which I really needed.

Today can still be saved because I'm still going to tell Ozzy that I like him. "Amy, do you know where Ozzy is?" I asked her as she looked at me curiously.

"No, why?" She asked slyly. "No reason, just wanted to talk to him." I replied casually as I shrugged my shoulders.

"I think someone has a little crush!" She said in a sing song voice as I nudged her. "Wait do you really? Because you rarely have crushes." She asked with a hopeful smile. I looked around before nodding as she squealed excitedly, making me laugh.

But then she gasped as a look of realisation crossed her face before she gave me a pained smile. What was that about?

"Uhh, um. Well, before you talk to Ozzy, let me show you the new flavour they have at the Next Steep." She said quickly as I gave her a confused look.

"Can't it wait?" I asked her. Why was she acting so weird? "Nope." She replied, as she grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the Next Steep.

"Ooh, um you know what? Let's go somewhere else like-" She started but I already saw the team sitting down.

"No, let's go sit with the others. What's the matter with you Amy?" I asked her as she sighed reluctantly and let me drag her over to the others.

"Hey guys." I said as they greeted us back. When we sat down, everyone carried on talking and Amy was trying her hardest to distract me but I didn't know why.

"We have something to tell you guys." Ozzy announced, as we all looked at him expectantly. Who's we? Everyone looked pretty confused, apart from-

"Piper and I are dating." He anounced, as he held her hand and they smiled softly at each other.

The sound of our chairs falling over startled some of the other customers as Finn and I stood up abruptly.

"What?!"

》》》

Hey guys! I hope you liked this and if you have any requests just comment them!