Forgotten

Nobody's POV:

She was happy that she was finally on the team, don't get her wrong, she's glad that they allowed her to come back but...it seems like they don't really want her around.

She felt kind of...forgotten.

Maybe she was just being paranoid. I mean, why would they let her back on the team if they didn't want her around.

"Hey." Piper said with a large smile on her face. "Hi." The girl replied quietly. "What are you doing here, all by yourself?" She asked as the girl sighed and looked around. "I was just waiting for rehearsals to start." She replied, fiddling with her water bottle.

"Don't you remember? Emily postponed rehearsals. We're all hanging out in The Next Steep but I just came back for...for my water bottle. Yeah, I left it in the cubbies." Piper explained with a nervous laugh as the girl simply nodded, leaving the two in an awkward silence.

Truth be told, Piper didn't forget anything, she just felt bad for leaving her behind and thought it would cheer her up if she invited her to hang out with them.

On the other hand, the dark-haired girl knew that rehearsals were postponed but she simply didn't want to hang out with them, knowing that they would barely even talk to her. Besides, waiting it out in studio A wouldn't be that bad, it might be a little boring but she could handle it.

"Well, are you coming with?" Piper asked with a hopeful smile as she sighed, weighing out her options.

"Lily?" She asked again, gently.

"Sure, why not?" Lily said after a while; she didn't really want to go but at the same time, she didn't want to be rude.

The two took a while to get there, mostly because of how deliberately slow Lily was walking but they were so caught up in their conversation that they didn't even notice the time speed by.

For the first time since she officially joined the team, Lily felt that things would be alright, maybe she'd finally fit in.

When they got to the table that the rest of the team were at, all the chatter ceased and they all looked at Lily awkwardly, their eyes darting between her and Piper with questioning looks.

The conversation between the team picked up again but Lily didn't really talk, she just stayed quiet. When she did talk, there'd be a few hums of agreement but apart from that no one really payed attention to her. It was almost as if she didn't even exist. Eventually, she got tired of it and made up an excuse to leave.

"Um, I've gotta go call my mum. Wouldn't want her to get worried." She said with a small laugh as some of them nodded. She probably shouldn't have brought up her mum, given the history she had with the team but she couldn't think of a better excuse.

What hurt Lily the most, was that when she got up to leave, they all said goodbye.

A little too eagerly.

But then again, maybe she was just being paranoid.

She waited it out in the locker room, scrolling boredly through her emails, to make it look like she was busy in case anyone walked in, until eventually, Emily started rehearsals.

J troupe really were a handful for Emily and Nick.

"Alright, guys. Today we'll be rehearsing in duets." She announced as the dancers looked around in excitement, already getting into pairs.

Lily stood off to the side, waiting anxiously as she built up the courage to ask to partner with someone.

She walked up to Ozzy to ask him but he was already partnering with Kingston.