Welcome!

Welcome!

Let's start things out for you guys! Everything has genres and everything. So if you are new to this stuff hello and welcome to the party. I will first start this out with genre definitions. Then I will put down a list of websites you can read Manga and Comics from. Then we will continue with Manga Recommendations.

First Up Genres!

There are many genres. Some you will know like Romance, Action, Adventure and even horror. Then there are the genres that just make you scratch your head. Yet they aren't really that difficult to understand. So let's get started.

Shoujo- aimed primarily at a young female audience, typically characterized by a focus on personal and romantic relationships.

Shoujo Ai- Basically, it's a genre of anime that has a love story between two girls as a focus point.

Seinen- Seinen is a genre/demographic that is aimed primarily at the male, college-aged/young adult demographic. Seinen anime and manga tend to be a little bit more mature than it's counterpart

Shounen- a genre of Japanese comics and animated films aimed primarily at a young male audience, typically characterized by action-filled plots

Shounen Ai- A narrative or visual work featuring a romance or sexual relationship between two or more males.

Doujinshi- is amateur manga publications, featuring either a cast of original characters and plot or characters from another manga or an anime

Josei- is a category of manga marketed to women, typically 18-30 years old

Harem- A harem is with a male protagonist which is surrounded by females

Reverse Harem- It just switched. It's now a female protagonist surrounded by males.

Yuri/GL- two girls in a romantic relationship/ love story

Yaoi/BL- two guys in a romantic relationship/love story

Mecha- a large armored robot, typically controlled by a person riding inside the robot itself.

Cyberpunk- a genre of science fiction set in a lawless subculture of an oppressive society dominated by computer technology.

Gekiga- Manga for adults, like seinen, but with a dominant focus on art and literature. Comparable to graphic novels.

Kodomo- anime/manga for children

Okay, I think I got the majority of it here. So, let's move onto websites and apps you read Manga from. Which I find really resourceful.

We have the following...

Webtoon- Has comics and Manga. Yet not all of them are considered as such apparently...

Crunchyroll Manga- If you don't know Crunchyroll has both Manga and Anime sides...

There are also these apps that are really good. You can find it in the app store.

Manga Melon

Now some really good websites.

m.mangabat.com

manhuascan.com

mangakakalot.com

w11.mangafreak.net

manga-panda.today

mangafoxfull.com

That's all I have for now. Yet I will put more in here in the future if I find anything. Also if you have any apps or websites that you want to add put them in the comments. I will put them at the bottom of this message and who gave the app/website. Thank you for reading this!