Chapter 24

"How did you lose your powers?" Christina stopped abruptly in the tunnel

"How did you lose your powers?" Christina stopped abruptly in the tunnel. The question stunned her and for a second, she couldn't breathe. Her mind went back to the battle at the Avengers Compound. Images of Tony's lifeless body played out like a kaleidoscope. The way half his body was burned to a crisp would forever be engraved in her mind. His lifeless eyes staring deep into her soul, she thought he'd be able to read her mind. The last words she spoke to him. His last words.

It was all coming back. While Christina was here, she managed to push everything traumatic and horrible that happened, to the back of her mind. She didn't want to remember anything while she was here. This was her own personal vacation in a way. Christina's only mission here was to forget anything and everything that caused her pain and be happy.

"And how did you get here? If you came from another dimension then it's true. Legacies have access to more powers than we thought." Creon hummed as he thought.

"Someone I cared about, someone I loved, gave his life for me. Now i'm here. And according to a friend, is the reason I don't have my powers." Christina turned to Creon who was already looking at her. Studying her, it seemed.

"So how do you get them back." Christina stepped over a large rock and shrugged. She didn't really know the answer to that. There was nothing in any of the books that explained if losing your powers was possible. And more importantly how to get them back. She was stuck. She felt like her feet were glued to the ground and there was no way of moving on from this time of her life. "I guess I wait."

Her words came out as a whisper as she faced forward. The tunnel was dark and the only thing illuminating their path was the torch Creon held.

They couldn't see in the dark. No one from their planet could. And since she no longer had her powers, Christina wasn't able to use them to see in the dark.

"We're here." Christina squinted as she seen what looked like a makeshift door.

"This leads into the garden. As soon as we hit land, we have to find them. Guards are most likely littering the grounds to find us. Our time is limited. Are you ready?" Christina stared at the door and sighed. If she was caught she would have a cuff slapped on her. Her powers would be completely gone and she would be thrown in a dungeon. There would be no way out and she'd be stuck here forever. There would be no way home.

But she couldn't leave until she knew she did everything in her power to rid this planet of Saphira's hold. She couldn't abandon the people that needed her most, even if it wasn't her home. "I'm ready."

Christina and Creon pulled at swords and nodded to each other. Creon pushed open the wooden door and revealed a set of stone stairs. He began cautiously walking up the steps, Christina close behind. He stopped short when the steps came to a stop. He reached and slowly moved the bushes and rocks that covered the entrance. He watched as a pair of guards walked pass the rose bushes and into the castle. He seen a pair standing guard at the entrance.