Chapter 5

"You could not live with your own failure

"You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you?" Christina could hear Thanos' gruff voice as the four Avengers continued to walk towards him. "Back to me."

The Avengers spread themselves around Thanos and trapped him in a circle. "I thought by eliminating life, the other half would thrive. But you shown me that's impossible." Christina glared at him and had hunger in her eyes like an animal stalking their prey.

"As long as there are those that remember what was there will always be those who are unable to except what can be and will resist."

"Yep, we're stubborn." Tony shrugged.

"I'm grateful. Because now I know what I must do." He stood from his sitting position on a rock and turned to the Avengers. "I will shred the universe down to its last atom and then with the stones you've collected for me." He places his helmet on his head and grabbed his large blade. Christina felt naked seeing him with a weapon and not being able to have her sword so she needed to improvise.

"I will create a new one." Christina shook her head and then created two swords out of her energy and flipped them around her hands. "You won't get the chance." She spit and Thanos turned to her as the remaining Avengers charged up.

"I see one of my missions failed...Fear not, because i'll finish what your brother could not." Christina roared as she charged first and the men followed suit. She brought both her swords down but he was quick to block them and Steve threw his shield which ricocheted off the weapon. Tony flew from above and began blasting the titan, only to be hit away with the sword. Christina and Thor teamed up and began striking down on Thanos. Trying to get a clean hit was hard with his sword because he knew how to use it, a little too well. Unexpectedly when Tony came back into the fight, Christina was distracted momentarily and was sliced across the stomach with the sword. She got pushed back and groaned.

"Christina!" Tony called.

"I'm fine! Keep going." Tony sighed and stood in front of Thor and Thor charged up his lightning before shooting it at Tony and Tony shot it at Thanos. Only for him to grab his weapon and block it. Christina felt her self beginning to heal and stood just in time to see Tony get thrown after being hit with lightning.

Christina watched as he took on Steve and Thor. He continuously punched at Thor and threw him into rocks. Christina felt herself become angry and charged at Thanos. She jumped up and knocked the sword out of his hand before flipping back onto her hands and teleported on top of him. She gripped his neck into her palms and dark purple began to flow out of them and consume him. He screamed in pain as his body began to weaken and deteriorate from the inside out. Christina grunted as he reached around and tried to get her off. He succeeded and flipped her onto her back. She gasped as she tried to get air back into her lungs. He the picked up his blade and brought it down towards her face. She yelped as she brought her hands in front of her to catch the blade from splitting her open. She gritted her teeth as she tried pushing back up with all her strength to keep the blade from coming down on her.