Chapter 12

When MJ asked for Peter to take a walk with her, he didn't know what to say

When MJ asked for Peter to take a walk with her, he didn't know what to say. After his talk with Beck he was now fully set on working to get Christina back. No matter how long it took, he was prepared to do anything to fix their relationship. And that meant steering away from MJ because no matter what happened between him and Christina, all MJ was to him was a silly high school crush he developed out of loneliness. And he wasn't going to use MJ to try and feel a void. It wouldn't be fair to her if he did. But Peter didn't know what else to say other than yes and that's where they were now. They were taking a walk on a bridge and it was quiet from more than half of the time.

"You know they used to execute people on this bridge. They would like put them in a basket and drown them in water," She finally spoke and Peter didn't know what to say to that information. MJ was a smart girl, he knew that. And that's one of these reason why he developed his crush. MJ was uniquely her and he hadn't met anybody like her.

"Sorry." Peter realized he hadn't said anything and probably made her uncomfortable, "It's okay." Their hands brushed and he nearly jumped out of his own skin. He needed to tell MJ that he was seeing someone and never meant to lead her on.

"Look there's something i've been meaning to tell you for a while now.." They stopped walking and Michelle stepped in front of him and nodded.

"It's our last night in Europe and things were supposed to go differently, I think. I guess I came here to figure things out, so i'm just going to tell you. MJ, I—"

"Am Spider-Man," She interrupted and Peter's face flushed and he stood up straight. He was in total shock at what she had just said. How did she know?

"What?" He squeaked.

"That's what you're gonna say, that you're Spider-Man."

"No," He shook his head, "I'm not Spider-Man."

"I mean i've been watching you for a while now. Its kinda obvious," She laughed and Peter shook his head again.

"I'm not Spider-Man. What would make you think i'm Spider-Man?" Of course MJ would figure it out. She was the most observant person he knew and if he was being honest, Christina always told him he wasn't the best at hiding stuff.

"Peter, Washington. Didn't you disappear out of nowhere for no reason?"

"No. I was sick in the tummy."

"You know everyone thinks your a male escort."

"What? Of course i'm not a male escort!" He exclaimed with a look of disbelief.

"Then you're Spider-Man," She shrugged.

"No, i'm not Spider-Man. At all." Peter couldn't believe he blew his secret...For the third time.

"What about tonight. You snuck off again and you fought that thing. I saw you," MJ argued and Peter thought his only plan was to deny her accusations.