Chapter 16

"You got you're lunch, right? A-and all your books?You're new schedule? When is senior picture day?Don't you have—" Peter stepped up to his aunt and wrapped his arms around her worried body

"You got you're lunch, right? A-and all your books?You're new schedule? When is senior picture day?Don't you have—" Peter stepped up to his aunt and wrapped his arms around her worried body. She immediately melted into the boy and hugged him back. Both Parker's were nervous about their first day back into the world. With everyone running the story that Peter wasn't Spider-Man, people believed it. Well, some people. Some people still felt that it was all a sham and Peter was in fact his alter-ego.

"You don't have to worry about me. I have Christina, she won't let anything happen to me...Which kind of sucks because, I want to be the one protecting her but she's protecting me. I should be protecting her, you know, visions and all—"

May laughed and hugged her nephew again before pulling away and kissing his forehead. Christina came into the room and smiled at the two, "Ready, Pete?" Peter nodded and grabbed his backpack.

"May if you need anything, there's a guard right outside your building at all times. And of course, Happy will be there with you." May nodded and grabbed Christina's hands.

"I can't thank you enough for what you're doing for us, Chris." The blonde shrugged, "We're family, I don't mind." May smiled before letting the girl go and letting Peter wrap his arm around her.

"Bye, May. Love you!" He called over his shoulder.

"Love you too!"

• • •

Peter and Christina stood outside of Midtown High and looked at the building. People were staring and whispering at the duo. They couldn't tell who they were talking about more, Peter, who was accused of being Spider-Man or Christina, the queen who looked like she was sculpted from the gods.

"Ready?" She asked and he nodded. The couple fought the urge the hold hands all through out their walk and subway ride to school. It was something they would have to get used to. As they walked to Peter's locker people were taking videos and pictures and having hushed conversations. It was a little intimidating, Christina had to say. She never got the real experience of high school. This was all new territory for her and she did not like walking into unfamiliar places.

"Peter!" The duo turned around as Ned came rushing towards them. Ned barreled into Peter and the best friends laughed.

"I'm so glad you're okay! Not that I thought you wouldn't be but it's just that some of New York still hates your guts and—"

"Ned, it's fine. I'm okay. Just glad to be back to normal and you know have my name cleared that i'm not Spider-Man." Peter purposely raised his voice at the last part, the students around stared at him weirdly and Christina chuckled.

"Oh, Christina." Ned hugged the blonde and Christina smiled and hugged him back, "Hey, Ned."

"It's cool that you're here too, you know, being human and all."