Chapter 28

"How was school, sweetheart," Saphira asked as Christina took a seat at the kitchen counter

"How was school, sweetheart," Saphira asked as Christina took a seat at the kitchen counter. There were snacks already laid out, per usual. Christina loved her life. She had everything she could ever ask for. It was perfect.

"It was really good, MJ and I are going thrift shopping this weekend. She saw this new shop she really wants to check out." Christina smiled as she bit into her snack and her smile widened once she heard her mothers appraisal. "That's amazing, Chris. I'm glad you two are having fun and hanging out with her more. I love her sense of fashion as well, that MJ is quite the character." Christina laughed and figured it would be the perfect time to bring up what she's been wanting to ask.

"Speaking of fun, I was hoping Peter and May could come over for dinner tonight. You've only met them once and Peter and I have been dating for almost six months now. I want you to get to know them better. Please mom, I'll even help cook and clean up, oh and I'll do your laundry for a week." She hoped it would sweeten the deal a bit but in all honesty, Christina didn't need to. Saphira was more than happy to meet the boy that has been making her daughter so happy. Saphira didn't think Christina wanted her to meet Peter and his family more than once, she figured she was too embarrassed by her.

"Sweetheart, of course they can come over. I'm so happy to have them over, I'll guess it's time to break out my famous pasta." Saphira reached over and pecked Christina on the forehead and Christina's smile grew as she immediately pulled out her phone.

"Okay I'll text Peter and let him know, he's going to be so excited," She all but squealed and her excitement was cut short when her brother came downstairs. Christina groaned when she felt him ruffle her hair and peaking over her shoulder.

"Can you not," She sent the text to Peter and put her phone away.

Creon reached over her and grabbed a snack off the counter, "Peter's coming over for dinner? Nice. He still owes me for helping him ask you out." He pulled himself off the floor and onto the countertop, which he got swatted for.

"Butts off the counter and on the chair." He smiled and sat down next to Christina who had a small put on her face. "Peter is here to have dinner, not pay back a favor, get over yourself."

"It'll be a great time," Saphira said and Christina jumped down from the chair.

"I'm going to get ready, I suggest you do the same Creon. You reek." Christina smirked when she saw him reach down to sniff his shirt. "Liar!"

Christina only made it five steps before the doorbell rang. She turned around and was shocked to see the dinner table set up. She looked down and saw she was no longer in her school attire. She was in one of her nicer outfits, she turned to the mirror on the wall and saw more makeup adorning her face.

"Christina, get the door. I bet it's them." Her mother walked past her and was fixing her earrings.

"Mom, I, it's barely 3:30."