Chapter 20

Christina stood in front of the ginormous mirror and watched as the seamstress pinned the dress to make sure it fit perfectly

Christina stood in front of the ginormous mirror and watched as the seamstress pinned the dress to make sure it fit perfectly. Though she payed the older lady no mind as her thoughts filled of her life back home. Time was catching up to her and soon she knew she would have to leave and explain to her family in New York what exactly had happened. But she also had the idea slip into her mind about staying here on Lanthoria X. In her mind it was a perfect idea, the thought of being forever happy sounded so beautiful to her. But she missed Peter and Creon, she missed everyone back home.

"What are you thinking about?" Christina turned and seen Saphira standing behind her.She smiled and turned to her as mush as she could with the seamstresses pinning her gown to make sure it fit.

"My home. I mean the people I love, my family—"

"I thought we were your family." Christina's head shot up and tears came to her eyes, "What?"

"In the short time we've known you, you have filled the hole in our heart. And i'm sure we have done the same to you. And thought you weren't her, it doesn't matter to anyone because we've all grown to love you these past couple of days." Christina stepped down from the small circle and faced Saphira. She reached over and hugged the woman and it was return.

"But I have to go home and tell them i'm okay. Ill find a way to come back," She reasoned. "You're leaving?" Christina turned and seen Violet standing there with a look of disbelief on her face.

"Violet, please. Im only—"

"Save it. I knew you were too good to be true." She spat and turned away on her heels. Christina sighed.

"Do you want to leave?"

• • •

Peter sat in the lab day and night when he could, he even missed school one or twice because Christina was missing and he was worried about her. He had gotten her half voice message late at night after his patrol with Black Cat. He was stupid to hide Felicia from his girlfriend. He didn't know why he did it, but in his mind it just made more sense. But he wanted to be done with Felicia, Christina was his partner in saving the city and the love of his life. His main priority was getting her back.

"Pete, why don't you go relax? It does no good to anyone to be working on no sleep." Bruce gently tapped his shoulder but all his kind words did was frustrate him. Because of course Peter hasn't been sleeping because in his time, Christina's been gone for almost two weeks. There was no signs you her, it's almost like she didn't even exist.

"I'm fine." He grumbled as he continued to look for way on how she just disappeared. A hand was placed on his shoulder and he looked up to see dusty blonde hair.

"He's right, Peter. We'll call you if we find anything. Go help Creon, I'm sure he could use it." Harley Keener. He came to visit days ago and once he found out that Christina had been missing, he stood to help. And though Christina had only met him a couple of times, as well as Peter, they all knew they could trust each other. Peter grumbled and picked up his jacket.