Chapter 15

"Pete, I'm going up

"Pete, I'm going up. There's one person still in there," Christina pushed her hands down as rockets carried her into the sky and into the building that was crumbling. One of New York's most powerful crime bosses had set a bomb in the building. A warning for Spider-Man and Number Eight to stay away from him. Wilson Fisk was a really starting to get on Christina's nerves. Without actual evidence that Fisk was the KingPin than there was no way that the couple could put him behind bars.

"Christina, no! There could still be another bomb!" Christina ignored his warning and dove head first into the building. The fire was spreading from the top to the bottom of the building and there was a gaping hole that would plummet someone half way down.

"KEVIN, scan for signs of life."

"Of course, Christina." KEVIN did a full scan of the room and found a lady passed out on the floor behind a fallen pillar. Christina ran towards the lady and checked for a pulse, luckily there was one. She looked around and seen smoke starting to fill the room so she detached her mask from her face and put it on the woman's.

"Miss, i'm sensing heat signatures from a few stories below us. Its not a person." Christina scrunched up here brows and looked for a way out. She didn't have time to prepare for the explosion that shook the rest of the building and had her stumbling to the ground with the woman.

"Christina it seems that if you don't leave now, you will become a casualty."

"Yeah, I got that KEVIN," She replied in the ear piece. The building began to shake and the fire was making it hard for her to do her job. She tried picking up the dark haired woman but her strength was running thin. The building was on its last straw and there seemed to be no way she can get them both out at the same time.

"KEVIN, i'm taking the suit off and putting it on her, I want you to fly her down to safety."

"But Miss if you do that there is a sixty-four percent chance of not making it out, are you okay with that?" Christina twisted the piece on her ring and watched as the suit shrunk back inside before she put it on the woman in front of her and let the suit consume her.

"Yeah—find me a way out," She coughed and the suit flew out of the building and onto the ground below. Everyone crowded around the body but soon stepped back when Peter came to take the mask off. He ripped it open and was shocked to see it wasn't Christina. He grabbed her finger and twisted the ring and watched as the suit disappeared before taking it off.

"We need a medic!" He called. Two paramedics came and took the woman away. Peter was set on going up there and finding the blonde but was shocked to see her body standing at a hole in the wall, staring down. Peter stuck a web to a pole and then reached for another one to begin webbing a trampoline for her to jump on. As Christina was waiting for Peter to finish creating his trampoline, she began to feel lightheaded. The feeling of her head pounding began, she groaned as she put her hand up to her head to try and soothe the feeling. And then she seen flashes, her eyes glowed purple and she was witnessing flashes of her and a war playing out. And then she fell. She closed her eyes and fell over the side of the building, unconscious. Peter seen the girl free falling and he gasped before launching himself at the girl. They met half way and his arms wrapped around her before shooting a web and flying back home.