Chapter 7

Christina's eyes watered as she looked at the headstone planted in the ground

Tony Stark
Beloved friend,father,husband

It was almost haunting to see it. Like a smack in the face when she that's all she could look at. No flesh and bones. Just a piece of rock with some words on it and a decaying body underneath. She would visit almost everyday. She couldn't find the right words to say so she just cried. She sobbed and clutched the ground to find stability in it all.

And then she'd look over at Natasha's grave and would cry harder. They were both gone and there was nothing she could do about it but cry and act like nothing was wrong. But everything was wrong. Tony and Natasha weren't here, everyone's back and it was supposed to be better but everything seemed more chaotic and hectic. People were scrambling to try and put back the pieces of their lives and it just wasn't working. Christina was proof of that. She thought once she snapped her fingers and defeated Thanos everything would be rainbows and unicorns. She was wrong. Her heart aches all the time for her losses and she tried to put on a brave face. For Creon, for Pepper and Morgan, for Peter.

Peter. The thought crossed her mind and it made her brain foggy and her heart ache ten times more if it was even possible. Things weren't okay. Her relationship with Peter was proof of that. It was slowly starting to crumble from beneath them. The teens lost someone greatly important to them and didn't know how to put back the pieces. Christina grew distant, less loving. She didn't mean to but it just happened. She felt her whole life falling apart and she didn't know how to stop it.

She felt another presence behind her and she knew who it was. She longed to feel his touch but her mind wouldn't allow it. "Hey."

"Hi." Peter say down next to her and his mask disappeared and turned to look at the girl who wouldn't tear her eyes away from the tombstone.

"How are you? I mean you didn't answer any of my texts today...or yesterday. And our last phone call was very short...I just want to check up on you, Chris." Christina sighed and wiped her tears before standing quickly and facing him. Peter then stood as well and waited for her response

"No, yeah. Im-I'm sorry. I've just been, you know, busy. Trying to get the kingdom back in order. Crime acting up again. Um, yeah. How-How was the charity thing?" Christina looked back at the headstone before trying to gain space from the floor. She only got a couple inches off the floor before she stumbled back down. Peter reached out and stabled her and Christina huffed and stepped back. On top of everything going on, her powers were disappearing day by day. No one knew why and no one knew how to stop it. Bruce did some tests, Creon stuck her back inside the pod, Wanda tried to get a feel of some type of energy inside her. There was no explanation of why her powers were diminishing and it made her feel weak.

"You okay? Your powers are still..?" Christina nodded and threw her hands in the air and laughed "Of course my powers are still going away. What else could go wrong?" She chuckled darkly and pushed the hair out of her face.

Peter was worried for his girlfriend. If he could even call her that now. Things just weren't how they used to be and he knew that. He was hurting too but it seemed Christina drew the short end of the stick and was taking it even worse than him. So most of the time Peter put on a strong front for her. He realized he needed to be there for her. They haven't actually talked about what happened in the last five years, his death, or what happened on Titan. It was unspoken of.Peter was afraid she'd lash out and things would go south. And Christina was afraid of...everything.

"I'm sorry. You know I don't have to go to Europe. Its just a stupid class field trip. I can go see all that tourist stuff another time. With you, if you want. You know go see the Eiffel Tower, go on those little boat rides in Italy. We can even—" Christina shook her head and stopped the boy from rambling.

"No. No, Peter. Its-It's fine. I'll be okay here. You should go. It could be a lot fun for you. You deserve it, Peter. I want you to go." She hesitated before grabbing his hands. "You don't have to worry about me if that's why your hesitating. Go see the world with Ned."

"But crime has been—" Christina cut him off again. "I got it handled! Theres no need to stress about it, Peter. Please." Peter reluctantly nodded his head.

"Yeah, okay. I know you'll be fine but um, you know you've been away from me for the past five years and I just..don't want you to be alone anymore. You don't have to do this alone anymore." His eyes pleaded with the girl he fell in love with to open up to him. But still she was blocking him out and withholding how she truly felt about everything. But instead she dryly laughed and shrugged.

"I'm not alone. I have Pepper and Morgan and Happy, Creon. Some of the Avengers, even May, if I wanted to talk." Christina turned her head to where Tony and Natasha lay, wishing she could include the duo in the list of people. Christina swallowed the lump in her throat before turning back to Peter.

"Everything will be okay." She nodded and Peter sighed and nodded back at the girl. "I uh like your hair. You know, it's longer now. You look really pretty." He coughed and Christina laughed as she felt real emotions for the first time in months.

"Thanks, Tiger." Peter's eyes lit up after hearing the nickname she always used to call him for the first time in five years. Peter leaned down to kiss the girl. Their lips touched but Christina was still. She didn't dare move and Peter pulled away after realizing that. Christina coughed and gave him a tight smile.

"Sorry, I—"

"No! Its fine. Its fine. Its okay. But I should get back home. May's waiting for me, she knows I came to see you and she says hi." Christina nodded and Peter gripped her hands tighter.

"I'll call you when i'm at the airport and then when I land. Ill send pictures. And text you funny stories." Christina let out a small laugh.

"Yeah. That'd be cool."

"Okay. Do you need a ride home? I don't mind. Besides whens the last time I took you swinging." Peter chuckled and Christina shook her head.

"I'll be fine. I know my way around. Bye, Peter." She touched his shoulder before beginning to walk away. And Peter really wished that things went back to normal.

[posted:5/4/20]
[edited:2/15/21]
guys i'm really excited for party two and three!!!!its gonna be a rollercoaster of emotions!thank u all for reading and please vote and comment I love seeing people's comments !!!
question:who is your favorite avenger?