Chapter 7

Around ten minutes after Landon had dropped me off at my house, I got the text from him.

'Hey Aria, I'm sorry, I can't pick you up to go to the rodeo. I have to be there in five minutes so I'm already of my way. I'd love if you would watch me there and when I'm done we can meet up. (: -Landon.'

It ended up that I wouldn't able to go with Landon if he was to show up at the time he's said that he would. My father didn't get home from work until close to 7:45 so our dinner was late since we decided to wait for him.

"Dad, did you know Aria has a date with the neighbor boy tonight! The one that came over with his family the other day!" I was going to kill Andy when dinner was over.

"It isn't a date! He's not even picking me up, we're meeting there and we won't even be around each other for more than half the time!" I had to defend myself. It might be a date, but my family didn't need to know that.

"Well still, if its just you two, he things its a date. You better remember that, okay?" My dad was always so concerned with what happened to his kids. Not. This was a little strange, even for dad.

"Yeah, well I always am, but I'm going to be late. Can one of you guys drop me off and maybe pick me up? " i changed the subject as fast as i could before Dad got all mushy like he sometimes gets.

"Of course, " my mother said, "Andrew, please drive your sister over to where she's going and them come back please."

" Get your coat, or at least a jacket, and then we'll be able to go." Andy sometimes sounded more like a parent then a brother.

Andy and I grabbed my light leather black jacket, just to please Andy and my parents since i didn't think i would need one. I figured that If I got anywhere near cold I could just snuggle up to Landon. Hopefully he won't mind.

On the way, Andy kept telling me things that Landon would do if he likes me. Things like putting his hands in his pockets and looking at me with a tilted smile, making me laugh, and millions of other things.

"Bye Andy!" I said stepping out of the car. I was finally out of my parents eyesight and also out of Andy's too. I walked into the arena with a mile wide smile on my face. I found a spot to watch with a empty seat next to it, just next to the entrance, right on the front row. I hoped that Landon would be able to see me and know that he had me cheering him on.

He was fourth rider of six, so I had time to wait. The stadium itself was filled just like I had imagined it would be. The stands had people buzzing all over. I hardly imagined that I would be able to find Landon in a crowd this big until he was the center of attention.

Just then, I heard my cell phone ring, notifying me that I had just received a text. I pulled it out of my jacket pocket to see that it was from Landon.

'Hey did you make it?'

I wondered what he was doing, if he was just waiting around or if he was prepping for his time in the spotlight.

'Yeah. Do you have time to come and see me?' I asked hoping that it didn't sound too clingy or creepy.

"Excuse me miss, is this seat saved?" An older man in his mid sixties asked as he pointed to the empty seat next to me.

"It is, sorry." I felt bad saying that, but I had hopes that Landon would be able to sit by me until it was his time to ride.

Just as the man started to walk away, my phone buzzed again.

'Yeah. I'll be there in a minute. I just saw you, so stay there.' Landon replied. I didn't feel like a response was necessary so I put my phone back into my jacket pocket.

Minutes later someone tapped me on my left shoulder. I turned around to see a smiling Landon to my left.

I stood up smiling and turned so I could slip my arms around his waist to give him a hug. I think it took him by surprise since it took him a little time to respond by doing the same.

I pulled back after a few seconds, not wanting it to become awkward. "You found me." I laughed.

"It wasn't hard, I just looked for the prettiest girl in the stands. " he smiled. Was there some remark that was going to follow? I felt the heat rising after I realized what he had just said.

"Well, I found the cutest cowboy in town." I laughed as I sat down and he pulled my hand into his. He looked away, probably to hide a hint of blush I started to see appear. I continued, "So are you nervous to go out there?"

"I guess you could say that." He laughed. "I'm just hoping to impress a few people. That's the only reason why, but usually I'm not nervous. Like I said earlier, its just such a rush."

"I'm sure that everyone will be impressed." I sighed. "I know I will be."

"Way to make me nervous!" he laughed and started to stand up. "I better go get set up, but I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Okay, good luck!" I said as I stood by him.

Just as he started to walk away, I had a crazy idea.

"Hey Landon,?" I said as he turned around.

Then I walked over to him, gave him a hug, and standing on my tippy-toes, I then quickly pecked him on the cheek. I could tell that it caught him off guard. He mumbled, trying to find a word, but didn't succeed.

"You better get out there!" I laughed as I started to go sit back down.

"Yeah, I guess I should." he said winking before he walked down the stairs into the rider prep area.

The time passed as Landon was center of attention. He really did light up when he was riding. He did look nervous, yet like he was having the time of his life.

When the entire rodeo ended, everyone in the stands started to clear out, and I decided to stay in my spot. I figured that Landon would know where to find me, if he didn't have his phone.

He eventually found me, he had changed since he was riding. "You look nice!" I said admiring his change of clothes.

"Well I do have someone to impress!" he said.

"Consider me impressed!" I smiled.

We walked from the arena to his car, he opened the door for me just like a gentleman. We eventually went back to my house, where he dropped me off.

I could feel something starting with Landon. And I was actually really happy about it.

_______________________________________________

Thanks for reading! I'm thinking 15 comments before the next chapter is posted. Thanks(: