Chapter 5

Thanks for reading! If you like it, could you please vote or at least comment? I would really love it! Thanks(:

__________________________________________________

I walked with Andy by my side, through the silver painted metal doors, and checked out my new school and classmates. The students were less country looking as I had expected, seeing as I based this off of the neighbor boy. They were huddled in small groups, mingling before the school day started. The school itself, was old and very stereotypical.

I wore my newest blue and brown Hollister button up shirt, with three-quarter sleeves, rolled into a cuff right above my elbow. My hair, chocolate brown and naturally curly was now straightened, was almost halfway down my back in length. My makeup was light and simple. A light amount of eye shadow edged by a thin row of eye liner, my lashes lengthened by a small layer of mascara. My blue eyes sparkled with the makeup I had on. I was surprised with how different I looked with less makeup.

Andy wasn't as nervous as I was. He wore his curly brown hair a little longer than most; it was long enough to see that it starts to curl, yet not long enough to look very curl. He wore a white t-shirt and some plain jeans to match. His curly hair looked like he had just woken up and rolled out of bed.

He was also much more brave than I was. He asked a guy walking alone where the main office was, and then we headed in that direction. I noticed as we walked deeper into the school, there were many signs and posters publicizing all the clubs starting up. Great. If my Andy tells our mom, we'll have to sign up.

I look over to Andy and say, "You know you can't tell mom about all these clubs, right? She's gonna make us join all these clubs to meet "people our age". Do you know why she does that?" I asked.

"I definitely won't. I don't wanna be that new kid that tries to fit in, and tries to be apart of everything. I'd make fun of those kids at our old school. I don't wanna be that weird new kid." he laughed.

We found the office and figured out all of the paper work and left just in time for the bell to ring telling us to head to our first hour. I headed to science and Andy headed to history.

"Hey, aren't you my new neighbor?" the girl who showed up at my house asked.

"Yeah, I didn't know you went to school here, I'm Aria. You're Lily? Right?" I said as she moved to the desk next to mine.

"Yep! So where did you move from?"

"Salt Lake City. It wasn't as glamourous as it sounds, but compared to this place... I'd go back in a heartbeat."

"Hang out with me and my friends, and you won't regret moving here," She laughed, "Wanna have lunch with us?" I think I've found my place in this Podunk town.

"Sure, if you don't mind."

--------------------------------------------------

I texted Andy at lunch and told him that I had found some friends to hang out with and that he was more than welcome to come and join us. In Lily's group of friends, there were four other girls, Morgan, Tori, Elena, and Kristen, there were five guys, Damon, Matt, Jeremy, Jared and Lily's brother Landon.

"Guys," Lily spoke as we walked to the large table, "This is Aria. She's new to the school and moved into the old Miller Mansion.. Matt, Landon, be nice." She laughed as we took a seat.

"Hey, remember me?" Landon said with a smirk very prevalent on his face.

"Well, no one could forget you Landon.. You're the cowboy next door." I laughed.