Chapter 6

Thanks for reading(:

Chapter 6

For the second day of school, I decided to go for a more laid back look, where I didn't look like I had too much time getting ready. I wore a light sweatshirt that was a pale coral color. I let my hair stay naturally curly, and put half of my chocolate brown locks up. and did a very minimal makeup job. One where the people I knew before I moved wouldn't recognize me.

The school day went by just as the first day had gone. I hung out with Lily and Landon's crazy group of friends. As I was walking up the steps to my house, I heard Landon yelling my name from his driveway nearly 20 feet away. I turned and smiled as I saw he started to walk towards me.

"Hey Aria, what's up?" He said as he stood by me, hands in his pockets.

"Nothing much, what are you up to?" I wondered as the reason for this surprise visit.

"Well, I was wondering if you have a little time to hang out?" He grinned as he looked in my direction.

"Sure, what do you have in mind?" I asked as we started to walk towards his house.

"Well, I figured since you're new to town, and you seem like you hate it, that we could go around and see the town."

"I don't hate this town, I don't especially like it, but I'm open to changing my mind!" I laughed. I secretly meant that hanging out with Landon was what would be the deciding factor whether I started to like this town.

"Well I am determined to change your mind,"He smirked as we walked through his garage.

"So what do have in store for us to do?" I asked once again trying to find out what we were going to do.

" I thought we could go drive around I could show you where all the fun places are and I could tell you all the crazy stories I know since I've lived her for most of my life." Landon spoke as he opened the door for me.

"Thank you," I managed to get out before he shut the door. I had to quickly squeal in delight before he opened his door and climbed in.

"So tell me about yourself?" Great. The question I always hated to hear. One that I was starting to get more frequently now. I always hated to explain myself to others. I had always been told growing up that I never ever needed to explain myself to anyone. Not even a cute guy, uh, I mean not even to an annoying guy like Landon.

"Um, well what do you want to know?" I replied in my usual answer when asked to tell about myself.

"Well, tell me a secret?" He said as he smirked and winked in my direction.

"Only if you tell me a secret!" I laughed feeling childish for making a secret trade, but I also wanted to find out things about Landon too.

"Okay, " He smiled after a minute, "You drive a pretty tough bargain, Aria." I blushed after the last part he added since he said my name. I had never really like my name, but when Landon was the one saying it, my name sounded like music to my ears!

What could I tell him for a secret? He probably wants a deep dark secret and I don't know if I have one. I mean, there are things about me that I don't tell people, but they aren't things that I don't want people knowing. There are things about me that no one except my brother and parents know, since I've lived in this town less than a week. Maybe I'm being too trusting by being around Landon and Lily too much. Maybe I'm just being a insecure teenager and thinking too much. Can I trust Landon? I hope I can.

"Well, I think pretty much other than when I was in elementary school, I've never had a long term boyfriend." I said rushing to finish my sentence.