Epilogue pt.1

Author's note: Surprise! I read all of your comments and I felt so bad for leaving such a depressing ending so I decided to extend it a little bit, making a plot twist...

I squinted my eyes, adjusting to the bright light.

There was a ringing noise echoing in my ears. I could hear faint and quick footsteps around me.

I pushed myself up using my right hand and soon I gasped and fell back down.

I held my shaking right hand. I looked down at it.

My wrist was wrapped with bandages.

Suddenly I realized I was in a hospital, in a room full of patients, they were all doing their own stuff.

My breath hitched when my memories arrived like a flowing curtain in the wind.

I tried to kill myself.

A sharp pain shot up and across my chest. I was once reminded by her death, my loss.

Did I not succeed?

I started laughing on my own, louder and louder.

Tears began to well up, blurring my vision.

"I just wanna meet you, why can't you just," it paused with a suffocating sob.

"...let me go?" I whispered.

My breathing quickened. "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME GO," I growled and swiped everything on the small wooden desk beside me onto the floor.

Kids in front of me began to cry, covering their ears. The old woman next to my bed pulled back the curtains that seperated us both.

A nurse ran into the room after the mess. She seemed to be terrified.

Understandable.

There was a small circular mirror hanging on the wall behind her and I saw my reflection.

Hair in a mess, covering one eye, my eyes red like the sun, flushed cheeks wet like a river, red-like-blood-lips trembling.

"Sir, please calm down a bit," the nurse nervously spoke as she gestured to the staff members at the desk outside to come in and help.

A bunch of doctors and nurses ran in.

They stood there staring at me like I was a monster that's meant to be held in a cage.

"I just want to die," I whispered in tears and gulped, feeling harder to talk.

"Please ... just let me go."

I yelled again and violently kicked the desk till it fell onto the ground.

The kids screamed in fear and their parents held them close.

I took a few wobbly steps and went straight to the exit with my bare feet.

Instantly, before my vision turned clear, I was held down. The doctors and nurses grabbed my arms and pushed me back towards my bed.

"GET OFF OF ME!" I yanked my arm back and that sent a forceful hit to the doctor's stomach.

"We need more help!" A nurse demanded and a few more doctors came in.