Maybe we're not meant to be together

One month later
Jungkook and I were finally officially a couple. This was the best decision I have ever made in my whole life. He's my first boyfriend and I know he's gonna be my last one too. He cared for me, he put me in his first place, he protected me no matter what, and so would I in the future.

Today Jungkook texted me in the evening, telling me to go to the park nearby but he didn't mention the reason. Since I was going to meet my boyfriend now, I decided to wear prettier.

 Since I was going to meet my boyfriend now, I decided to wear prettier

I soon left home and walked to the park

You
Arrived already.
Where are you?

The love of my life ❤️
Come to the river.
I'm standing right there.

You
River??
Yah what are you actually planning
Hiii?

He didn't reply me anymore. Weird. I walked to the river as he told me to. I walked through the woods with my hands gently pushing the leaves aside as they're blocking my sight.

I squeezed my eyes shut after I found my way out because I have reached the river already and sunshine shone on my face. It was the sunset, the sun was shining at the land, giving us comfort. It was in brilliantly red and orange colour with a little bit of pink shyly mixed in between. The river in front of me was shimmering. Soft yet loud flows from the river were heard. Birds flew upon me and chirped. I took a deep breath admiring the beauty nature. But I was interrupted with a lovely voice that I would never get bored from.

"Laura." I turned to where the voice came from and I gasped. He dressed beautifully. He was wearing a suit, white shirt and a pair of black trousers. The first few buttons of the shirt were unbottoned. His hair was well styled, showing his forehead.

"Jungkook..." I looked down and realised he's actually holding a lot of red roses. Under us, there're also rose petals everywhere on the ground. Candles were lighted up around us too. Before I could ask him anything, he started first.

"Miss Eun Hwa Young, the love of my life, also the most important part of my life, you're probably shocked and surprised from all these. I guess...none of us would have ever thought that we're actually gonna be together as a couple after those school years, me being a bully, you being my baby. I still remember our first time meeting was in our classroom. That time in the classroom, I was choosing who to be my baby. You said that you're late for class but that just gave me a chance to choose you as mine. Later on, I started to have feelings for you when I didn't even notice. I thought for a long time whether I should invite you to the prom or not and I was so surprisingly happy that you said yes. I was amazed by your beauty that night. Your black dress, you big eyes and red lips. I'm sorry for not being with you when you're at the park in our school, if I was there, you wouldn't get touched. I brought you home after you fainted, I used hot water to wash your face, I wiped away your tears...it hurt to see you crying. After you woke up, it hurt even more when I saw you being so insecure and nervous. It was then when I swore that I will protect you for the rest of my time at least before we went on in our lives separately. I'm sorry for all the bullies and problems that I have caused. I'm sorry for not protecting you well. I hate myself since the day you got into the hospital, because of me. But it was then when I realised that you aren't people who just walked pass my life, you're the first girl who stands up for me. You're the only girl who supports me no matter what. You did not leave me after knowing I don't have a nice background. I know you're a girl that I should cherish the most. So here I am, to tell you that I love you more than anything else in this world. I will protect you at all costs...save you from all dangers, and love you till my heart stops beating. My baby Laura...will you marry me?"

My jaw dropped as I covered my mouth in shock. Tears of joy kept on rolling down my cheeks. I couldn't believe this. I loved him so much but I wasn't sure whether he felt the same or not. I was scared that he's gonna leave me as I wasn't perfect. I didn't do well in everything, but now he chose me, among all these girls from school, all these people in the world.

"Jungkook, yes," I whispered as I couldn't speak properly already. I was shaking. I shouted again emotionally, "yes...yes yes yes! I love you too Jungkook. I love you so much."

He quickly stood up and held me up high in the air making a spin. I squeaked before he put me down and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back. I cried on his chest and he rested his head on mine. We finally broke the hug. He took the ring out of the blue box and held my hand. When he was putting it on my ring finger, he stumbled a few steps. His hands started to shake.

"Are you alright Jungkook? Jungkook!" I shouted when he suddenly fell onto the floor. The ring slipped out of his hand. He tried to pick them up but struggled. He tried his best to move closer but soon he dropped his head onto the floor with his eyes closed.

"Jungkook! What's wrong! Wake up!" I shouted like an insane. I didn't know what to do. I took out my phone with my trembling hands to call the police while I quickly grabbed the ring and put it into my pocket.

I sobbed when the call was picked up, "...please help m..my boyfriend just suddenly fainted in the middle of his proposal and I don't know what to do... Everything happened so fast. He wa..s still okay a.. second ago. Please help, please sa..save him..."