His true side

I slowly opened my eyes as I saw myself lying on a couch with my chest sticking to it.

"Jungkook?" I asked after I saw a figure walking back and forth in front of me.

Once I spoke, he ran to me and squatted down next to me. He caressed my cheeks and asked, "how are you feeling right now? I'm so scared  just now. I thought you're not gonna wake up."

"Where am I? A...and why does my back hurt so much?" I stated while tears formed in my eyes because I couldn't bare the pain.

"I'm really sorry Laura, I'm such a useless guy, I couldn't even protect a girl that I li... i...it's nothing," he said with his head down.

Memories came back to me and I remembered everything that happened so quickly.

"It's fine Jungkook. I'm okay. But a...am I gonna die?" I was worried.

He replied with a chuckle, "I'm here with you and I'm gonna help you."

When I was about to thank him, he ordered, "take off your uniform."

My eyes widened. "Huh?"

"I said take off your uniform. Right okay I promise I'm just trying to wrap your wounds. It's at your back. How can I wrap them with my bandages when you're with your clothes on?" He explained while holding up his first aid box showing me.

"F...fine but n...now?"

"One more thing I can assure you is that if you're still behaving like this, you ain't gonna get well and the glass will soon get in deeper and deeper, through your vessels, cutting your..."

"Okay okay I will just take it off but stop scaring me!"

He smiled and turned around, "just tell me when you're finished."

I slowly unbottoned my shirt and put it beside the couch. (I STILL HAD MY BRA ON OKAY)

"D...done."

He turned around but stopped with the bandage in his hands. I slowly looked up meeting his gaze. I blushed as I saw him scanning my body.

"Jungkook?"

He blinked and replied, "oh right okay."

He came closer while I lay down on the couch.

"This is gonna hurt a bit okay?"

I nodded.

I soon clenched my fist as I felt a pair of forceps-like object diving into my skin. I could feel the small pieces of glass being moved inside of me. I closed my eyes as it was too much to bare.

Jungkook stopped and comforted, "just scream if you want."

He continued gently and I couldn't hold it anymore.

I tried my best to lower my volume while screaming, and crying. Tears rolled down my cheeks. Sweat formed on my forehead until the clock hit 8 at night.

I rested my head on the cushion panting. I couldn't even open my eyes as I was too tired and because of the pain, I couldn't feel my body already. A blanket was placed on top of me and Jungkook softly whispered, "just rest here okay? I will be right next to you."

I was soon driven into a nap.

3 hours later
I woke up seeing Jungkook sitting next to me. He was reading.

I don't even know he reads.

"Hey," I greeted.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I don't know, just tired and I couldn't feel my back."

He smiled, "just take a rest here. I will take care of you. Do you need me to call your mum about this?"

I thought for a while and answered, "no it's fine thanks cause my parents are on a trip now and my sister's staying in her boyfriend's house."

Jungkook nodded. We both stayed silent and I broke it by asking. "Jungkook?"

"Hm?"

"Ming explaining the whole thing today?"

From his worrying gaze, I knew he was hiding something from me.

"W...what do you mean?"

"Jungkook it's alright. No one's gonna hurt you now. I promise I won't tell anyone. I just wanna help or at least comfort you."

He looked at me and sighed. He finally explained, "it was a long story. I know you're probably wondering why I am living there, not expensive mansions. I...I used to live in those kind of places before. But it was when my parents were still together. After I was born, when I was five, my parents began a big fight. They divorced and because my mum was the rich one, she left my dad alone. My dad said that she never loved me and that's why she left me as well. Ever since she left, my dad changed to a totally different person, he used to be so energetic and kind. He's...such a good father but now he just...beat me everyday to release his stress but I'm alright, I'm used to it. I just came here everytime when I was hurt so I could clean my wounds and have my own time, to be safe. And...here I am, with my drunk dad everyday in those small apartments..."

I did not reply but stared at him, with sympathy and sorrow.

"I know I'm useless and poor and," he scoffed ", just useless as fuck. I'm such a dickhead, lying to girls at school saying that I'm rich and so they all came fucking me." He continued, "you're shocked right? I understand. You can leave whenever you want, I don't mind since it's me who hurt you. Just tell everyone about this if that's gonna help you in revenge of me lying to you for being such a dick. I'm ready for all the complaints."

I slowly reached out my hand and grabbed his. He looked surprised by my action and I meekly said, "Jungkook do I look like that kind of person?"

"...Jungkook ah it's fine not to be perfect. It might not be right to lie to someone saying that you're rich but at least you understand now. We all have a second chance. I'm not gonna leave you just because of this. What am I? I would be a bitch if I just left you. I'm gonna be your support. That's what friends do."

Jungkook who's speechless asked, "I really don't know what I did before to have you as my friend. But what can I do? What can you help? Nothing's gonna change."

I shook my head, "ani! We can all make a difference. I know I sound like a grandma now but we'll work together okay?"

Tears in his eyes, "t...thanks Laura. I never got someone who treats me truly like you do. And I...I'm really sorry for hurting you again and again, yet you did not leave me. I'm such a di..."

"Stop calling yourself a dick Jungkook! You ain't a dick but an angel! Well I...I mean not like when you treated me poorly but yeah you know." My face reddened because of the nonsense that I just spoke.

"Cute."

That night, I stayed in his small wooden house. Even though it's small, I felt so warm and safe to be with him. He slept on the couch right opposite to mine. I
examined his face, he got such a sharp jawline. He indeed had a perfect face. Then I realised, he was actually hugging his cushion like a baby.

How can someone look so baby yet handsome at the same time.

"His wife's gonna be so lucky, to be hugged by him everyday night for sleep," I murmured.